Does Chrysler Warranty Direct offer the 7 year unlimited mileage warranty for the TRX?

DeckArtist

Reaction score
I bought one for my Rebel. Got to thinking if I can swing the TRX in a couple of years, it would surely be nice to have the extended warranty on it.

quietpeen

Reaction score
you can definitely get extended warranties but I'm not sure if 7/unlimited is available.

OP
OP
DeckArtist

DeckArtist

Reaction score
Ok...thought maybe they would limit the mileage. Not too bad at 125k though I guess. Thanks.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can you get an unlimited for a normal Ram?

TRX4

Reaction score
I was just quoted $4380 for a 7 year 75k miles Mopar Max Care. Looks like your adding 4 years to your warranty for that amount. Funny, it doesn’t include catalytic converters, glass, plastic lens, body and paint, including soft trim, and wear items. I holding off for now.

I had a 2 years extended warranty on my 2018 Raptor and it paid off due to driveline and infotainment problems. I sold truck with 6 months remaining and it helped get a good price from buyer.

I still may look at adding the warranty later.

My TRX just came in. I will pickup next Tuesday in Washington.

Ordered 12/17/21
vin 260399
dealer received 2/23/22
level 2
hydro blue
everything but Ram Bar, bed Spare, and bed liner package.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
I was just quoted $4380 for a 7 year 75k miles Mopar Max Care. Looks like your adding 4 years to your warranty for that amount. Funny, it doesn’t include catalytic converters, glass, plastic lens, body and paint, including soft trim, and wear items. I holding off for now.

I had a 2 years extended warranty on my 2018 Raptor and it paid off due to driveline and infotainment problems. I sold truck with 6 months remaining and it helped get a good price from buyer.

I still may look at adding the warranty later.

My TRX just came in. I will pickup next Tuesday in Washington.

Ordered 12/17/21
vin 260399
dealer received 2/23/22
level 2
hydro blue
everything but Ram Bar, bed Spare, and bed liner package.
They are way overcharging you on that warranty. MaxCare 7/75 with $200 deductible is $2740 at Zeigler.

Promo code: PAYINFULL brings it to ~$100 above their cost.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
So max care is basically extending your 3/36 to 7/75 with some exclusions and a deductible?
Yup. I think it’s a good idea for most people. If you change trucks like underwear, it doesn’t really matter.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Yup. I think it’s a good idea for most people. If you change trucks like underwear, it doesn’t really matter.
I’m one of those underwear people :ROFLMAO: I’ve leased a decent amount of vehicles(TRX was a purchase). However I went into this purchase hoping to keep it longer than my previous vehicles.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
My thinking is there probably won’t be anything worthwhile to trade into. Hellcat is dying and I don’t want an EV. So I’ll probably keep it forever. Once it gets up in years it’ll be converted into a toy instead of a daily driver.

quietpeen

Reaction score
That was kinda my thinking also…..this was my one and only chance to get a hellcat truck. I traded in two leased vehicles and had positive equity on both of them because of the used car market. Two years ago if I tried the same thing I would have been upside down.

TRX4

Reaction score
They are way overcharging you on that warranty. MaxCare 7/75 with $200 deductible is $2740 at Zeigler.

Thanks for info. I decided to pass for now due to huge markup. I’m just gonna get the truck out of there and haul ass. May look at warranty later.

OP
OP
DeckArtist

DeckArtist

Reaction score
I bought my 7 year unlimited mileage warranty from Ziegler for $2910 last year. Bought the Rebel in August 2020, the warranty in January 2021 and sent off the last payment on 2/1/22. Good piece of mind when you consider the transmission is twice that to be replaced or repaired, not to mentioned the cost of a motor. I have my Rebel serviced at the dealer. They offer three oil changes with synthetic and tire rotation for $130. Can't beat that ANYWHERE.

TRX4

Reaction score
Thanks for info. I decided to pass for now due to huge markup. I’m just gonna get the truck out of there and haul ass. May look at warranty later.
To add to the reply’s from OnTheReel and Quietpeen on warranty rippoff, that’s why this forum is so valuable. I actually was contemplating going for their extended warranty offer due to past experience with the 2018 Raptor, but now I have information from you fellow members that saved me allot. Thanks!

TRX4

Reaction score

OnTheReel, I just went through Ziegler website and it came through as you said! I’m picking vehicle up next Tuesday and first thing will be to buy the x warrant. This is an example of the huge value of this forum and its members.!

TRX4

Reaction score
I bought my 7 year unlimited mileage warranty from Ziegler for $2910 last year. Bought the Rebel in August 2020, the warranty in January 2021 and sent off the last payment on 2/1/22. Good piece of mind when you consider the transmission is twice that to be replaced or repaired, not to mentioned the cost of a motor. I have my Rebel serviced at the dealer. They offer three oil changes with synthetic and tire rotation for $130. Can't beat that ANYWHERE
I bought my 7 year unlimited mileage warranty from Ziegler for $2910 last year. Bought the Rebel in August 2020, the warranty in January 2021 and sent off the last payment on 2/1/22. Good piece of mind when you consider the transmission is twice that to be replaced or repaired, not to mentioned the cost of a motor. I have my Rebel serviced at the dealer. They offer three oil changes with synthetic and tire rotation for $130. Can't beat that ANYWHERE.
Thanks DeckArtist for the tip. It’s going to save me $2,000 plus! Shows the benefit of joining the forum!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron