Hello From Waco Georgia!!

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Great looking site!

About this time last year I had a deposit on a Black TRX and even went as far as to secure a vanity tag that was simply TRX. Well as most of you all know they (Ram) had a horrible roll out and were way behind schedule. The dealership I ordered from at $2,000 below MSRP had no allocations and I was the second order placed with them. It was looking like it was going to be long time before it would be built.

Anyways I had some time to think about it and backed out. I'm currently building a replica TRX with some personalized touches. It will be a 2014 RC SWB Sport 1500 4x4. I have the TRX kit from Advance Fiberglass, Staggered 37" Nittos, Whipple Supercharger (not installed yet) and several other goodies.

Although she want be the beast the New TRX's are she'll be something personalized and different. I'm thinking about naming her Li'l Rex. Meanwhile, I too will be drooling over these Beast!!

Ram 7-18-21   2.jpg

Thanks for the invite!!

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from the great sovereign state of Arkansas!

That's a great idea. I can't wait to see what she looks like when finished. Are you going to beef up the 5.7 Hemi internals before supercharging or just use it as is?

OP
OP
MOPAR78

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from the great sovereign state of Arkansas!

That's a great idea. I can't wait to see what she looks like when finished. Are you going to beef up the 5.7 Hemi internals before supercharging or just use it as is?
Thanks for the welcome!

I have a new stock complete engine. I have to re-gap the rings for the charger. So while I'm in the engine, I plan to install a supercharger profile cam system (rollers, springs & phase limiter). I'm still compilating on the MMX forged drop in rods & pistons although the stock one when re-gapped should be fine with the amount of boost (6-7 pounds) I'll be running. MDS delete of coarse and a dyno tune. Other than that, external of the engine, I've already installed a complete Stainless Works exhaust system that should complete the engine performance.

Whipple Mock Up 2.jpg

APEX REX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome and that truck built is completely badass!! (y)

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome!

I have a new stock complete engine. I have to re-gap the rings for the charger. So while I'm in the engine, I plan to install a supercharger profile cam system (rollers, springs & phase limiter). I'm still compilating on the MMX forged drop in rods & pistons although the stock one when re-gapped should be fine with the amount of boost (6-7 pounds) I'll be running. MDS delete of coarse and a dyno tune. Other than that, external of the engine, I've already installed a complete Stainless Works exhaust system that should complete the engine performance.

View attachment 609

Wow! Who needs a TRX when you have that? Can't wait to see her put together. You will have to make some videos and upload them here! :love:

OP
OP
MOPAR78

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Wow! Who needs a TRX when you have that? Can't wait to see her put together. You will have to make some videos and upload them here! :love:
Thanks!

I was looking at Dirt King's long arm travel system on all 4's at one point so she could get airborne like the TRX. But for now I'm keeping the stock ride height with the rake look. I want to morph the look of a TRX and street sport look. It's still a 4x4 and I wanted to stuff 37's under her. It took a lot of research and finessing to get them on a stock set up with no rubbing. I went with the staggered look which goes well with a stock set up. So for now, this puppies staying planted on pavement. I am going to beef up the suspension a bit to better enhance the handling on asphalt as well on dirt roads

Rears:

Wheels; Ballistic Tomahawk 20" x 12" -50. Tires; Nitto Ridge Grappler 37" x 13.5" x 20".

Fronts:

Wheels; Ballistic Tomahawk 20' x 9" -12. Tires; Nitto Ridge Grappler 37" x 11.5" x 20".

Tires1.jpg
Tires2.jpg
Tires3.jpg
Tires4.jpg
Tires5.jpg

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
Welcome and I will be following your build it’s a great idea. I was in the same boat here in Canada sucks when you can’t get what you want but that’s life. After the fact I am actually very happy going with a power wagon. I don’t feel like I settled at all.

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
Lol that one pic with all the fire extinguishers your either in the trade or your the safest most prepared person I have ever seen 😂

OP
OP
MOPAR78

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Welcome and I will be following your build it’s a great idea. I was in the same boat here in Canada sucks when you can’t get what you want but that’s life. After the fact I am actually very happy going with a power wagon. I don’t feel like I settled at all.
Thanks!

I'm going to be very pleased with this project as well. I've always had a RC SWB Dodge/Ram truck. They don't make them any more but it would be nice to see them make a RC SWB SRT-Hellcat Ram. The TRX would have been my first 4 door truck.

The Power Wagons are badass Rams too!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron