Left Front Turn Signal

quietpeen

Reaction score
Driving to lowes last night i put on my Turn signal and all was fine at first. Then "DING" and then message pops up that front left turn signal is out and hyper flash starts.

My first thought is I'm shocked as the turn signals are LED so how did they go out already. After talking to the Headlight master he said it's probably the ballast that went.

Anyway called my dealer and they ordered a new Drivers side headlight because for them the turn signal is not a serviceable part. Thank god it is covered under warranty because it costs almost $1800 and they have in the system that it's 1.5 hours labor.

Last edited:

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Sucks. I’ve heard about a number of failures with these same headlights in the Limited, so it’s no surprise we are gonna have some.

Hopefully there are some third party repair and/or remanufactured options by the time our warranties are gone. I’d be really pissed to spend $1800 on a headlight when a $1 bulb used to be the fix. Stellantis probably doesn’t mind though. 🙄

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
yea it definitely sucks. It not only affected the turn signal. The DTRL is not working either.

lol, yea I'm sure Stellantis is more than happy for us to have to buy a $1800 headlight

Justin33

Reaction score
Must be one board that does both. Why do I feel this is how things are going? Isn’t the new tail light to the hummer EV something silly too.

criminator

Reaction score
Sucks. I’ve heard about a number of failures with these same headlights in the Limited, so it’s no surprise we are gonna have some.

Hopefully there are some third party repair and/or remanufactured options by the time our warranties are gone. I’d be really pissed to spend $1800 on a headlight when a $1 bulb used to be the fix. Stellantis probably doesn’t mind though. 🙄
The extended warranty is like a must. I just recently had a catastrophic failure in my super charger that went and then destroyed the engine, three months later, I had a brand new engine, a brand new, super charger and brand new catalytic converters I have no cost to myself, thank God!

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
Finally got this fixed. Dealer screwed up pretty big on this whole situation. Won't go into all the details but it could have and should have been fixed sooner than it was. I can also tell that they didn't put something back together properly because the shrouds for the S&B intake don't sit right and are not fully attached. It's not causing any issues so I'm not overly worried that I feel it needs to be immediately fixed. Once I get the bug up the arse I will start pulling some things off to see what they did wrong.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
A story as old as time, dealer ‘effing stuff up. You’re a better man than me. Knowing something wasn’t put together right would have me out there investigating immediately.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
A story as old as time, dealer ‘effing stuff up. You’re a better man than me. Knowing something wasn’t put together right would have me out there investigating immediately.
See I have this problem and the simple way to describe it is "lazy" :ROFLMAO:

Also I only have the truck so on a work night I don't want to start tearing it apart with the potential of running into an issue and not have transportation or time to fix it. It's supposed to rain this weekend so maybe i will look into it since I won't have to worry about cutting the grass or trimming the bushes that need trimmed. Or fixing the steps to the front door that need replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko