Market pricing is insane

OP
OP
DiabeticSith

DiabeticSith

Reaction score
Yeah I just bought a 2008 Ram 1500 yesterday. 124k miles. Quad cab, hemi, 2wd, super clean inside and out for the year, $16k OTD.

Best deal I could find around me for something under $25k. I wasn't willing to buy anything with more than 150k miles, and I feel like I got lucky. Drives great and sounds good too. Going to do a tune up and get a tuner and a few simple mods and she should be golden.
Nice, man! Congrats on the buy. That's really low miles for the year.

Bwl

Reaction score
In Canada the prices have dropped a bit now, but the cheapest TRX I've seen is 138k CDN/111K USD. Add the luxury tax/PST/GST etc and you're 165 CDN/134 USD. Few months ago it was closing in on a quarter mil CDN all in if you wanted one.

Jwil

Reaction score
In Canada the prices have dropped a bit now, but the cheapest TRX I've seen is 138k CDN/111K USD. Add the luxury tax/PST/GST etc and you're 165 CDN/134 USD. Few months ago it was closing in on a quarter mil CDN all in if you wanted one.
That's bonkers.... the price gouging is insane.

OP
OP
DiabeticSith

DiabeticSith

Reaction score
Jesus H! 250k CDN is about 201k USD. Holy mark up Batman!

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol I would take it in a hart beat. The cheapest I could get one for was 150,000 plus tax and other bull shit charges they add. Just crazy, but they both sold.
Yo can still find deals on them for nearly MSRP but you would have to travel.

I think that is really the perfect solution. Travel out of state, put the break-in miles on it. Get home, change the oil and hit that launch control button.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol I would take it in a hart beat. The cheapest I could get one for was 150,000 plus tax and other bull shit charges they add. Just crazy, but they both sold.
Who is buying these??

ssgunner

Reaction score
People have lots of covid money piling up. I’m in the real estate business and had a client dish out 130k for a down payment. I think the down was 90k and they put out 40 extra to lock in the offer. Offer accepted and happy client.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
People have lots of covid money piling up. I’m in the real estate business and had a client dish out 130k for a down payment. I think the down was 90k and they put out 40 extra to lock in the offer. Offer accepted and happy client.
Unreal. Congrats being in the real estate. It has to be an absolute insane year for you

DeckArtist

Reaction score
We all know that EV's will be the only autos on the road in the not so near future, so there will be so many options from every manufacture of an EV. So I wonder what type of full size truck Ram and GMC/Chevy will come out with? This would be my only hesitation on getting the Lightening
What on earth will the drivers do when the traffic jams up on them? I know you can turn the vehicles off but they better have a ton more range so people don't freeze or burn up during the parking lot conditions of epic jams. Then they better think about the aftermath when EVERYONE tries to recharge. Gonna be a BIG problem.

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
What on earth will the drivers do when the traffic jams up on them? I know you can turn the vehicles off but they better have a ton more range so people don't freeze or burn up during the parking lot conditions of epic jams. Then they better think about the aftermath when EVERYONE tries to recharge. Gonna be a BIG problem.
From what I hear about this green new world we’re everything is electric we don’t even have enough copper in the world for the demand. Total f.u.b.a.r.

Bwl

Reaction score
From what I hear about this green new world we’re everything is electric we don’t even have enough copper in the world for the demand. Total f.u.b.a.r.
I know we won't be much help north of the border. If you want to start a new mine here nowadays you better hope your great grandkids will be around to run it when you finally get through the red tape.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know we won't be much help north of the border. If you want to start a new mine here nowadays you better hope your great grandkids will be around to run it when you finally get through the red tape.
And will they have the training and personal to actually operate the mines?! Or better yet, want that type of job?

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
That fucking asshole Trudeau put an arrested green peace activist as minister of the environment 😳we are so fucked in Canada now its sad. Downtown Ottawa business are closing up because no federal government workers are going to work there all still on work at home?? And 90% in Ottawa have the vaxx. Gas will be over 2.00$ a litre be January for you Americans that’s about 8$ a gallon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron