Meat wow!

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
Man has beef prices ever gone crazy 2 small prime rib roasts cost over 180$ only 2 bones wow! I think it’s time to raise a cow on the back 40.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man has beef prices ever gone crazy 2 small prime rib roasts cost over 180$ only 2 bones wow! I think it’s time to raise a cow on the back 40.

What were they before the price hike?

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
It's terrible the prices, we eat way less beef then used too.. Healthier for it too. We do not bye beef here in the north, but we bye bulk at Costco the couple times we make it down south per year.

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree, I usually buy a pack of NY Strip at Costco and it seems like the price has nearly doubled. Snagged a cheaper pack for like $60 the other day. Crazy!

grouch

Reaction score
The GF's family owns a farm. Her, along with her brothers and sisters all own a portion. I went in on 1/4 of a cow last year and filled my freezer. I believe I paid around $200 for 25% of a cow with the processing and packaging included. That cow tried to run me down once so I don't feel quily in the least.

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The GF's family owns a farm. Her, along with her brothers and sisters all own a portion. I went in on 1/4 of a cow last year and filled my freezer. I believe I paid around $200 for 25% of a cow with the processing and packaging included. That cow tried to run me down once so I don't feel quily in the least.
I really wish I could invest in half a cow hahaha

OP
OP
tinman454

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
That’s a great idea get someone to split 1/2 the cow. run you down ? Pay backs are a bitch lol

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
I ran out of contacts, but used to get 1/2 a cow every year.. was about 500 bucks a year on beef, more than likely double that now. Having 3 boys is a lot of food, probably why there is no TRX in my driveway:p

doubeleive

Reaction score
costco prices are crazy around here, I try and catch it on sale at other local stores and throw in the freezer, I bought a 1/4 last year, grass fed wasn't really impressed very lean meat. even buying the 1/4 I had about a 3 month waiting list, covid had a effect as well some of the farms didn't even offer anything because of it.

DeckArtist

Reaction score
The prices are going batshit for sure and they will be getting MUCH worse in the coming winter. I have two freezers I am stocking up in right now. Going to be quite a rocky road for the cold months I hear on the backchannels. I am also stocking up on other things as well as the supply channels fall prey to the new regulations in the other states. I know here in Texas and in Florida there are ports open for business, but at some point that could change.

grouch

Reaction score
The prices are going batshit for sure and they will be getting MUCH worse in the coming winter. I have two freezers I am stocking up in right now. Going to be quite a rocky road for the cold months I hear on the backchannels. I am also stocking up on other things as well as the supply channels fall prey to the new regulations in the other states. I know here in Texas and in Florida there are ports open for business, but at some point that could change.

Before I retired, the company I worked for sent out a daily digest with articles for different departments. I paid attention to the logistics portion. This has been building for years. Covid sped things up with everybody flooding shipping with personal deliveries but the original forecast was next spring.

Companies are looking to source product either here onshore or move facilities to Vietnam and India as labor is cheaper than China that is no longer as competitive. Currently though, electronics and other consumer goods are coming to the U.S. via containers. Those are loaded with produce, usually, then sent to South Africa. South Africa doesn't export much low value bulk so the containers have been building up there. Hence, containers aren't available for loading.

China also has a VERY large real estate company that is leveraging it's debt and barely able to pay the interest on its loans. Remember our housing bubble in 2006-07? I'm wondering what a recession in China will do to the U.S.

DeckArtist

Reaction score
Yes...all planned to bring in the Great Reset. I am confident we will go through a lot of pain before the BS is shut down. Plan for the worst...

MO VietVet

Reaction score
tmp(1).gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron