Paper Bear

grouch

Reaction score
For years Tsar Putin has been strutting around. Anytime he thinks he has a chance, he sends Imperial Russian tanks into neighboring countries. Chechnya, Georgia (the country not the American state), Belarus and so on. Now he is in Ukraine and the invincible Russian tanks that he has bragged about are having issues.

Target of a Javelin

His army is so poorly led, he is now looking to hire mercenaries from Syria.

OP
OP
G

grouch

Reaction score
Wow that thing was torn apart

I know. The Russians bragged about their new armor. The claim was the lattice would detonate the warhead and the two stage armor underneath would then shrug off the shaped blast. Evidently not.

Granted, a bunch of the armor sent in was older stuff. There's also major corruption in Russian arms industry so the money went to pockets rather than research. I suspect the shaped charge on the warhead cooked the munitions store off inside.

I feel sorry for the average Russian soldier. They are draftees. Most would prefer to not be fighting. On the other hand, the senior officers are getting picked off by snipers.

OP
OP
G

grouch

Reaction score
With more video coming out, it's apparent WHY the Russian tanks ought to be called "Ronsons". They light the first time, every time.

Between the cheap Chinese tires the trucks are using

and the poor quality of the armor on Russian tanks, Tsar Putin bragged with nothing to back it up. Some of the videos on Youtube are of sketchy provenance, the phone cameras though are doing more than all the Humint ever did.

What I would have given back in the day for Youtube.

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
It would seem the most powerful weapon on the battle field is a soldier with one of those lav-4 or a rocket launcher.

OP
OP
G

grouch

Reaction score
It would seem the most powerful weapon on the battle field is a soldier with one of those lav-4 or a rocket launcher.

It always has been one grunt with a weapon. An aircraft can bomb but it can't hold ground. A ship can interdict supplies, but it can't hold ground. Tanks without infantry support are just big targets.

One individual, so scared they might be about to pee their pants, can hold ground. One man in a high position can dominate the battle field. Everything else is just support for that man.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron