So for you Raptor owners that moved on to TRX....

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@APEX REX @mojo @Bambi

So I know you guys have owned a Raptor before you moved over to the TRX. Are you guys(or anyone that I missed that owned a Raptor before moving on to the TRX) happy with your decision, or are there somethings you miss about your raptor that Ram missed on the TRX?

Tell me all about it! :)

APEX REX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was a hardcore Raptor fanboy and still am. I started the Blog on FRF "Big Blue's guide to Raptor Runs" back in 2013 and updated it for 7 years as I traveled the country going to Raptor events. Had a Gen 1 and then a Gen 2. I loved my Gen 1 but literally, beat the crap out of it and got the Gen 2. I loved everything about it except the engine. I was hoping for a V8 in the Gen 3 as it was a no-brainer that I would upgrade, but as we all know they stuck with the same driveline, which was a huge disappointment for me and I knew a Gen 3 was not in the running. That opened the door for me to look at the TRX. It was not even on my Radar until no dice on the Gen 3. The more I learned, the more I liked and got one. After 3 months with the TRX and my Raptor sat in the garage, without being driven once. The interior of the TRX is night and day compared to the Gen 2, the performance is off the charts, I can't comment on the offroad aspects yet. Zero regrets here and I love it.

I think you guys will see (based on my time on FRF and reading so many threads), it seems that 75% of TRX owners were past or current Raptor owners.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was a hardcore Raptor fanboy and still am. I started the Blog on FRF "Big Blue's guide to Raptor Runs" back in 2013 and updated it for 7 years as I traveled the country going to Raptor events. Had a Gen 1 and then a Gen 2. I loved my Gen 1 but literally, beat the crap out of it and got the Gen 2. I loved everything about it except the engine. I was hoping for a V8 in the Gen 3 as it was a no-brainer that I would upgrade, but as we all know they stuck with the same driveline, which was a huge disappointment for me and I knew a Gen 3 was not in the running. That opened the door for me to look at the TRX. It was not even on my Radar until no dice on the Gen 3. The more I learned, the more I liked and got one. After 3 months with the TRX and my Raptor sat in the garage, without being driven once. The interior of the TRX is night and day compared to the Gen 2, the performance is off the charts, I can't comment on the offroad aspects yet. Zero regrets here and I love it.

I think you guys will see (based on my time on FRF and reading so many threads), it seems that 75% of TRX owners were past or current Raptor owners.

Oh, so you still own your Gen 2 Raptor? I figured you would say the engine and then move to the interior, as do love that massive screen! ;)

Trailmaker

Reaction score
Oh, so you still own your Gen 2 Raptor? I figured you would say the engine and then move to the interior, as do love that massive screen! ;)
Still have her. 105k on the clock now. I have the 802a so the trim on the Raptor and the PW are similar.

Attachments

• D0004E0B-D956-4DF6-8BB8-A0ADA8FFFF13.jpeg
    D0004E0B-D956-4DF6-8BB8-A0ADA8FFFF13.jpeg
    407.4 KB · Views: 141
OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Still have her. 105k on the clock now. I have the 802a so the trim on the Raptor and the PW are similar.

Oh I know you still have yours. I was talking with Apex as I though he traded his in for his TRX. You are on my Raptor Forum right?

Trailmaker

Reaction score
Oh I know you still have yours. I was talking with Apex as I though he traded his in for his TRX. You are on my Raptor Forum right?
Oh I missed that you replied to Apex. My bad. Yes I’m on the Raptor forum still. Joined back when I had my Gen 1 but could not contribute much since I was coming from a built TJ rock crawler.

Bambi

Reaction score
@APEX REX @mojo @Bambi

So I know you guys have owned a Raptor before you moved over to the TRX. Are you guys(or anyone that I missed that owned a Raptor before moving on to the TRX) happy with your decision, or are there somethings you miss about your raptor that Ram missed on the TRX?

Tell me all about it! :)
I’ve actually never owned a Raptor or any high performance pickup. My brother in law has a gen 2 and loves it. Driven the g2 a bit and I did like it.

I’ve always been more into sportscars but am a slut for horsepower. When covid hit I moved from San Diego to uber rural Oregon where my driveway is 3/4 mile of gravel and have no garage. Sold my beloved 720s and was missing my go fast toys. Heard Ram was putting a HC in a pickup and ordered one within a week.

I would no doubt be in a Raptor if the TRX didn’t exist. If Ford had brought the heat with a TT V8 I would be driving a raptor. Sadly they didn’t.

I’m very very happy with the TRX. There are areas that could be better but on the whole, Ram nailed it

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’ve actually never owned a Raptor or any high performance pickup. My brother in law has a gen 2 and loves it. Driven the g2 a bit and I did like it.

I’ve always been more into sportscars but am a slut for horsepower. When covid hit I moved from San Diego to uber rural Oregon where my driveway is 3/4 mile of gravel and have no garage. Sold my beloved 720s and was missing my go fast toys. Heard Ram was putting a HC in a pickup and ordered one within a week.

I would no doubt be in a Raptor if the TRX didn’t exist. If Ford had brought the heat with a TT V8 I would be driving a raptor. Sadly they didn’t.

I’m very very happy with the TRX. There are areas that could be better but on the whole, Ram nailed it

So wait, you got on FRF to just push the TRX and never owned a raptor? You sly dog...

200.gif

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score

Hey Big Blue! Not sure if you remember me but I was an active member there, NickPic83. I really enjoyed reading your posts, especially those in that thread.

APEX REX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had no intention of selling the Raptor and kept it for a good 4 months after getting the TRX. It sat unused and the market is so hot so I sold it about a month ago. No regrets so far! (y)

APEX REX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Big Blue! Not sure if you remember me but I was an active member there, NickPic83. I really enjoyed reading your posts, especially those in that thread.

Hey Nick! Thanks and I sure do remember you. Great to have you on this forum! :)

Bambi

Reaction score
So wait, you got on FRF to just push the TRX and never owned a raptor? You sly dog...

View attachment 389
I actually joined when I was cross shopping them and pissed at RAM for delays in production back in February. I’m also very interested in what they do with the R(if anything).

The Raptor is a super cool truck. I was just really disappointed with the powerplant and would’ve had to dive into pretty serious engine mods to make it have the juice I would want.

I then stuck around for the rivalry banter and fun truck talk.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score

What do you mean "was"? You're still a member of FRF.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just not as active as I was under that name. I had over 10,000 posts IIRC under that screen name while owning my Raptor.

Was it before you started working with Freedom?

Busa Dave

Reaction score
Well I had a Gen 1 Raptor and the truth of the matter is if Ford made it out with the Raptor R or a V8 Raptor I might have one of those. I like the TRX but need a HD oil burner (got my VIN today) but will most likely keep the TRX to mod possibly into a beast. Time will tell. ;)

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I had a Gen 1 Raptor and the truth of the matter is if Ford made it out with the Raptor R or a V8 Raptor I might have one of those. I like the TRX but need a HD oil burner (got my VIN today) but will most likely keep the TRX to mod possibly into a beast. Time will tell. ;)

So there's a chance of you moving on from the TRX?

torrin

Reaction score
I had 3 Raptors, 2 Gen 1 and a Gen 2. I loved both Gen 1's (the second was supercharged). I LIKED my Gen 2, but never loved it. It is stupid, as it is a great truck, but the grunt of a V8 and the howl of a V8 is something I love, I regretted selling my Gen 1 SC Raptor almost immediately. The TRX is everything the Gen 1 was with more tech, performance, and comfort. It is amazingly similar to the Gen 3 Raptor on the inside, but man that 702 horsepower super charged motor is the bomb.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron