Transmission failure at 14k.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I‘m guessing this is the same transmission that is in the Durango hellcats and the trackhawks. I have not seen of known many issues with this trans, but I also have not searched for it. Hopefully they get it fixed for you soon and that is the end of it

OP
OP
C

cumbleedorblister

Reaction score
I‘m guessing this is the same transmission that is in the Durango hellcats and the trackhawks. I have not seen of known many issues with this trans, but I also have not searched for it. Hopefully they get it fixed for you soon and that is the end of it
Dealer said they had one ordered.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Damn I know how that waiting game goes. Good luck from Someone else with their trx sitting at the dealer.

OP
OP
C

cumbleedorblister

Reaction score
Damn I know how that waiting game goes. Good luck from Someone else with their trx sitting at the dealer.
Fortunately I’ve got a good dealership. They sent a rebel for me to drive when they picked up the trx. The shop got right to diagnosing my truck and called me with a couple of questions about what was going on. Couple days later they callled and asked if I had used a programmer on it after I had 37” tires put on. I answered honestly that I had not and questioned them as to why they were asking. Said they had taken pics and sent them in and that was one of the questions they were asked to ask me. I feel like both the dealership and the powers that be are going to cover it. Gotta love a dealership that takes care of their customers.

OP
OP
C

cumbleedorblister

Reaction score
Fortunately I’ve got a good dealership. They sent a rebel for me to drive when they picked up the trx. The shop got right to diagnosing my truck and called me with a couple of questions about what was going on. Couple days later they callled and asked if I had used a programmer on it after I had 37” tires put on. I answered honestly that I had not and questioned them as to why they were asking. Said they had taken pics and sent them in and that was one of the questions they were asked to ask me. I feel like both the dealership and the powers that be are going to cover it. Gotta love a dealership that takes care of their customers.
Hopefully you will be back in yours soon.

OP
OP
C

cumbleedorblister

Reaction score
Did they give any feedback on what failed? Any codes it was reading?
None whatsoever. They came 160 miles with a loaner loaded on a rollback, dropped the loaner and picked mine up. While my trx was in their shop waiting on parts the loaner truck (ram rebel) bit the dust. So when the new transmission came in they had it replaced in just a day or two and loaded my truck up on a rollback and drove the 160 miles and swapped it out for the out of commission rebel.

quietpeen

Reaction score
None whatsoever. They came 160 miles with a loaner loaded on a rollback, dropped the loaner and picked mine up. While my trx was in their shop waiting on parts the loaner truck (ram rebel) bit the dust. So when the new transmission came in they had it replaced in just a day or two and loaded my truck up on a rollback and drove the 160 miles and swapped it out for the out of commission rebel.
first. Great to hear that you got your truck back. 2nd - that's crazy that the rebel bit the dust.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron