TRX vs Raptor video!

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now this video to me is more inline on what these trucks are made for. Not the greatest video but somewhat entertaining. Of course the Raptor looks to have more mods, so it may not be the best comparison..

MO VietVet

Reaction score
Ever since my youngest brother went to work for FOMOCO at the assembly plant in Claycomo, Mo./KCMO, he has been a Ford man. He has always owned the F250 or F350 diesels to pull his serious off road rig, older style Bronco. As he gets older he wants to still play a bit but wants to own just one rig. He asked what I thought of the Raptor and I could not tell him anything on the plus side because I have NEVER been a Ford fan. I ran auto repair shops for 30+ years as a service manager/writer. After joining here I told him to check out the TRX, BAJA Version. He said he would give it an honest chance. I forwarded the links of the travel and flex I have seen in the videos I posted in another thread. We shall see.

I actually owned a 71 Challenger gobs of years ago and loved it for balls out fun. Pics of his off road rig:

thumbnail_image0.jpg

thumbnail_image1 (1).jpg

thumbnail_image2 (1).jpg

thumbnail_image3 (1).jpg

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ever since my youngest brother went to work for FOMOCO at the assembly plant in Claycomo, Mo./KCMO, he has been a Ford man. He has always owned the F250 or F350 diesels to pull his serious off road rig, older style Bronco. As he gets older he wants to still play a bit but wants to own just one rig. He asked what I thought of the Raptor and I could not tell him anything on the plus side because I have NEVER been a Ford fan. I ran auto repair shops for 30+ years as a service manager/writer. After joining here I told him to check out the TRX, BAJA Version. He said he would give it an honest chance. I forwarded the links of the travel and flex I have seen in the videos I posted in another thread. We shall see.

I actually owned a 71 Challenger gobs of years ago and loved it for balls out fun. Pics of his off road rig:

View attachment 895

View attachment 896

View attachment 897

View attachment 898

So what, being an automatic, has scared you away from anything Ford?

MO VietVet

Reaction score
I just was never a Ford fan and saw lots of poor design and transmission problems in my shops. I did own a Ford Gran Torino, like the one in that Clint Eastwood movie by the same name "Gran Torino" but only had it for about 6 months and bought a Chevelle.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just was never a Ford fan and saw lots of poor design and transmission problems in my shops. I did own a Ford Gran Torino, like the one in that Clint Eastwood movie by the same name "Gran Torino" but only had it for about 6 months and bought a Chevelle.

Did you see alot of Raptors or F150s in your shop?

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Here's another video comparison between the Raptor and TRX

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron