OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok so I think I have a good idea for the crazy’s out there. Put a sticker across the back window that says I IDENTIFY AS A TOYOTA PRIUS . 😳
😂. As long as you identify, the sky is the limit!!

grouch

Reaction score
Was out today and over night, gas went to $4.20 and diesel to $5 a gallon. Actually, it was 0.01 cents less, but I always thought that fraction was disingenuous.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Today Biden banned Russian oil and gas imports. I‘m guessing it going up again.
This definitely isn’t good. Basically the cadaver said this is a good thing because it will force us to go electric and if this type of situation happens again (war) we will be ready. Seriously! Our government officials have no idea how to live in reality. First off there currently aren’t enough electric cars to around and secondly the cost of an electric car is out of reach for so many Americans. Guess it’s so frustrating because there is no common sense logic by our “leaders”

quietpeen

Reaction score
This definitely isn’t good. Basically the cadaver said this is a good thing because it will force us to go electric and if this type of situation happens again (war) we will be ready. Seriously! Our government officials have no idea how to live in reality. First off there currently aren’t enough electric cars to around and secondly the cost of an electric car is out of reach for so many Americans. Guess it’s so frustrating because there is no common sense logic by our “leaders”
not to mention we don't have the infrastructure to support everybody driving electric cars and charging them at night

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
not to mention we don't have the infrastructure to support everybody driving electric cars and charging them at night
Exactly!! It so mind blowing

OnTheReel

Reaction score
The average person pushing EVs thinks electricity originates at the outlet in your wall. They don’t know how anything works, and this is what we get.

The transition to EVs is going to be over the course of decades, if it happens at all. In the meantime these fuel prices will cripple the economy and kill the lower and middle classes.

quietpeen

Reaction score
1646765009323.png

Bwl

Reaction score
I know especially when Canada has 3rd largest oil reserve in the world

View attachment 2629
Yes, but we don't have the transportation capacity for it. Don't supply our own country because of it and sell at a steep discount as with only 1 small pipeline to coastal waters we can only sell to the US. Our anti pipeline politics are just as bad and has been that way for decades. Add that to our super high fuel tax and voila. High fuel prices. I will concede we have a massive road system that is expensive to maintain with 10% of the population of the US so that's a factor, but not enough in my eyes to justify how much we pay considering our income taxes are higher than the highest taxes of any state down south and it's not like it comes with a break on sales or property tax.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought we were horrible at 1.65/liter (about 4.50US gallon) some of those above are just wow..
Just nasty! It is $5.19 here in some places for diesel. WTH is going on!! Sad part is, it's gonna continue to climb unless someone steps in and regulates these "leaders".🤡 Which we know that's not going to happen!

grouch

Reaction score
I know in England gasoline (or petrol as the throwbacks call it) is often nearly the equivalent of $7 or $8 a gallon, equivalent in Liters. (They even misspell that as Litres.)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron