Current gas prices in your area

quietpeen

Reaction score
Also interesting how every time there are these “crises“ that “cause” gas prices to skyrocket, the major gas companies post record profit margins. So is it really that what’s going on in the world is creating a supply vs. demand shortage or is it that the gas companies are gouging unchecked because they have their hands in the pockets of the politicians?

grouch

Reaction score
Also interesting how every time there are these “crises“ that “cause” gas prices to skyrocket, the major gas companies post record profit margins. So is it really that what’s going on in the world is creating a supply vs. demand shortage or is it that the gas companies are gouging unchecked because they have their hands in the pockets of the politicians?

I'm old enough to remember the "gas shortage" back in the early 70's. When the price got up a bunch, suddenly there was all sorts of gas. Partially because demand raised profits, and partially because the problem was mostly in Kalifornia. We never really had a shortage in the Midwest where I live.

It's like a couple of years ago there were all sorts of news items on TV about some onramp work that was going to be done and cause issues during the commute in L.A. It was called "Carmagedon". Funny thing but I didn't have any issues at all going to work that day. Then again, I'm 2500 miles from L.A.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I'm old enough to remember the "gas shortage" back in the early 70's. When the price got up a bunch, suddenly there was all sorts of gas. Partially because demand raised profits, and partially because the problem was mostly in Kalifornia. We never really had a shortage in the Midwest where I live.

It's like a couple of years ago there were all sorts of news items on TV about some onramp work that was going to be done and cause issues during the commute in L.A. It was called "Carmagedon". Funny thing but I didn't have any issues at all going to work that day. Then again, I'm 2500 miles from L.A.
That sounds like another bull shit issue. If commiefornia can’t keep up that shouldn’t make everybody else who can pay more.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Old enough to remember the good old days (all of what…4 years ago). The Saudi’s and Russia flooded the market to make our domestic fracking no longer profitable. An economic war of sorts. But the net result was lower energy prices globally. $2 gas.

Now unfortunately we’re in a position with limited domestic production. And thus limited opportunities to impact the prices. Opening reserves here or in any other friendly country would solve the problem almost instantly since the market is so heavily driven by speculators.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Old enough to remember the good old days (all of what…4 years ago). The Saudi’s and Russia flooded the market to make our domestic fracking no longer profitable. An economic war of sorts. But the net result was lower energy prices globally. $2 gas.

Now unfortunately we’re in a position with limited domestic production. And thus limited opportunities to impact the prices. Opening reserves here or in any other friendly country would solve the problem almost instantly since the market is so heavily driven by speculators.
But that would go against the liberal agenda so screw 95% if not more of Americans

OnTheReel

Reaction score
You’d think with the midterms looming they’d want to address this. All Biden has to do is tell the environmental loons we aren’t ready to transition from FFs yet. Extend some leases, stop tying the oil companies up in endless litigation and voila.

They could also perhaps reduce their cut in taxes on gas. They make as much as the oil companies.

quietpeen

Reaction score
You’d think with the midterms looming they’d want to address this. All Biden has to do is tell the environmental loons we aren’t ready to transition from FFs yet. Extend some leases, stop tying the oil companies up in endless litigation and voila.

They could also perhaps reduce their cut in taxes on gas. They make as much as the oil companies.
You said the magic words. ”they made as much”. Why would you make changes when you are making money hands over fists.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You said the magic words. ”they made as much”. Why would you make changes when you are making money hands over fists.
And this is why we won’t see relief anytime soon, corrupt individuals getting away whatever they want because no one is holding them accountable

grouch

Reaction score
And this is why we won’t see relief anytime soon, corrupt individuals getting away whatever they want because no one is holding them accountable

Gritted my teeth and filled the truck up today. Gas dropped a nickle to $4.14 from $4.19. Still, it took nearly $50 to fill it. I've got to make the same run this coming Saturday and didn't want the nearly $100 hit all at once.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gritted my teeth and filled the truck up today. Gas dropped a nickle to $4.14 from $4.19. Still, it took nearly $50 to fill it. I've got to make the same run this coming Saturday and didn't want the nearly $100 hit all at once.
Pretty gross feeling. I had a 1/4 tank left and filled up and it was $125 get me full. Wasn’t the happiest

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
I'm saving money at the pump right now.. my truck is in getting TRX stuff done to it.. lol So I fill up my sons Toy pick-up at waaaaay lower cost to me.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
$100 every 5-6 days is killing my bank account. Oy.
$400+ per month for gas isn’t sustainable for a lot of people. Price per barrel dropped below $100, but I bet we still don’t see a drop in fuel prices. Probably go up! 😡

grouch

Reaction score
It's Tuesday so the main Gas Chain has dropped prices again. $4.04 a gallon now. If they go by their usual practices, it'll go up again on Thursday.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Ooof.
60B7FCDA-1D62-4D84-BDD9-FEE6B8A4FA21.jpeg

Let it run down to around a 1/4 tank because I was hoping the prices would get a little better these last couple days. But of course it never goes down as fast as it goes up. And now it’s spiking again anyway.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I just filled mine yesterday becuase I was running errands. It only took a little over 12 gallons and still cost me 60 bucks.

grouch

Reaction score
I drove by Wally Wurld today and the Murphy's next to it was $3.99.9. Then again, it IS Thursday. Tomorrow it may go back up.

grouch

Reaction score
Hey screw you and your only needing 87 octane 🤣

Higher octane usually isn't needed. I had a BMW 528i that called for 93 octane but ran okay on lower grades. It just didn't make as much power and get fewer miles per gallon. It got decent mileage and I came close to losing my license with it on the cheap gas more than once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Outofmyleague