Diode Dynamics Price Increase

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
If any of you are thinking about buying any Diode Dynamics lights from us, them, or any other dealer, a price increase is coming soon. We were all notified yesterday of the price increase. This increase will affect all of our kits that include Diode Dynamics lights as well. It is a fairly significant increase as well. The 30" light bars for example are going from $350 to $440. The SSC1 Pro lights are going from $180 to $220. The SSC1 Sports are going from $120 to $160. I just wanted to give you all a heads up so you can order what you need before the prices go up. The new pricing will take affect no later than 05/23/22. As always, let us know how we can help you with your needs for your truck.

Thank you,

Ryan

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
Wow, that sucks but is also not surprising.
It does suck. They tried to not raise prices but everything keeps getting more and more expensive. It was only a matter of time. We are going to order as much as we can. Trying to gauge where best to spend our money but hoping to put in a $5k to $10k order prior to the increase.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
I was originally thinking about getting the sport lights but glad i opted fo the pro. I would say purchase more pro sets.
We currently have 40 sets of Pros on order (about half of those are sold already though). We are trying to get those in stock so they aren't affected by back orders but so far we haven't been able to keep them in stock for more than a day or two before they are sold out. We may order a crap ton of the pros, some sports, some SS3 pods, SSC2 lights for a future product, and some 30" light bars. We won't order any SS5s since those won't be affected by the price increase this time around.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
Wow….that is awesome that sales are going good for you with the ssc1’s
Thank you! I am very pleased with the response to these lights. They also drove traffic to the website and increased sales on other products as well. Other than 3 web forums, Instagram and Facebook, we don't advertise outside of word of mouth. YouTube videos people have done on our products have been very good to us as well. I told Diode Dynamics to stock up on these lights. They had no reason to believe me at that time but I think you all helped us make a statement. lol

quietpeen

Reaction score
Great to hear. Are you a Vendor or Ramforum? Since you offer brackets for tow hooks on 5th and 4th gens I’m guessing you could get a good response there for the light brackets also.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
Great to hear. Are you a Vendor or Ramforum? Since you offer brackets for tow hooks on 5th and 4th gens I’m guessing you could get a good response there for the light brackets also.
I’m not on that forum. They wanted an ungodly amount of money to be a vendor on that forum and at the moment I don’t see the benefit for the cost. I know it’s a large forum so I could be wrong but it was a lot of money they wanted every month to be a vendor.

TCAT

Reaction score
I will take a set , is there any real difference between the pro and the sport in life span or durability. What about shipping and Duty to Canada?

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
I will take a set , is there any real difference between the pro and the sport in life span or durability. What about shipping and Duty to Canada?
Shoot me a message with your contact info and shipping address. I’ll get you an accurate shipping costs. I can then invoice you for all of it. I won’t know what the duties are because they will bill that directly to you. As far as durability between the 2 lights, they are equally well built and are both amazing lights.

Quick_Shifter

Reaction score
I’m not on that forum. They wanted an ungodly amount of money to be a vendor on that forum and at the moment I don’t see the benefit for the cost. I know it’s a large forum so I could be wrong but it was a lot of money they wanted every month to be a vendor.
I will be posting a few installs on ram forum it will surely drive some traffic your way

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If any of you are thinking about buying any Diode Dynamics lights from us, them, or any other dealer, a price increase is coming soon. We were all notified yesterday of the price increase. This increase will affect all of our kits that include Diode Dynamics lights as well. It is a fairly significant increase as well. The 30" light bars for example are going from $350 to $440. The SSC1 Pro lights are going from $180 to $220. The SSC1 Sports are going from $120 to $160. I just wanted to give you all a heads up so you can order what you need before the prices go up. The new pricing will take affect no later than 05/23/22. As always, let us know how we can help you with your needs for your truck.

Thank you,

Ryan
Ouch. That's not just a small increase on those products either. Unfortunately, it is going to be across the board with all companies and dramatic increases

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
Ouch. That's not just a small increase on those products either. Unfortunately, it is going to be across the board with all companies and dramatic increases
It's not a small increase. That is why I wanted to give everyone a heads up so they had as much notice as possible. I'd be upset if I was thinking about purchasing and didn't buy before that increase. It sucks but you are right. Shipping and steel prices have quadrupled for us in some areas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko