Elon taking over Twitter??

Bwl

Reaction score
I have a strange feeling that down the road Elon will end up dropping way down the richest lists. Nothing he does seems to actually turn any meaningfull profit apart from IMHO inflated stock prices to support the valuations and his let's say zany antics may end up costing him in the end as his big ideas and dreams lose their appeal to his angel investors and other companies start eating heavily into Tesla's cut of the electric car market that has allowed him to take all these high risks on other endeavours and hurt him further as they no longer be need to buy environmental credits from Tesla, which is a big part of why they actually made a little money finally. To his credit, without dreamers we wouldn't be where we are today and he's advanced a lot of technology. I just don't see the golden touch lasting forever. I suspect he doesn't either. Might be why he's going so many directions at once.

Last edited:

grouch

Reaction score
I have a strange feeling that down the road Elon will end up dropping way down the richest lists. Nothing he does seems to actually turn any meaningfull profit apart from IMHO inflated stock prices to support the valuations and his let's say zany antics may end up costing him in the end as his big ideas and dreams lose their appeal to his angel investors and other companies start eating heavily into Tesla's cut of the electric car market that has allowed him to take all these high risks on other endeavours and hurt him further as they no longer be need to buy environmental credits from Tesla, which is a big part of why they actually made a little money finally. To his credit, without dreamers we wouldn't be where we are today and he's advanced a lot of technology. I just don't see the golden touch lasting forever. I suspect he doesn't either. Might be why he's going so many directions at once.

I believe you're right. He's been bouncing all over the place with the Twitter deal. He's also making excuses. Either to get out of get a better deal. The SEC has been on him before about some of his comments to the public.

grouch

Reaction score
Elon is definitely backing out of the Twitter deal. Now it goes to the courts. The court it's going to is one that handles a lot of rich peoples cases. Probably the worst one for his case as the judge doesn't care about how rich you are.

It's be in the Delaware Chancery court.

“Having mounted a public spectacle to put Twitter in play, and having proposed and then signed a seller-friendly merger agreement, Musk apparently believes that he — unlike every other party subject to Delaware contract law — is free to change his mind, trash the company, disrupt its operations, destroy stockholder value, and walk away,” Twitter alleges in the breach-of-contract lawsuit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko