OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This entire situation is getting extremely interesting. Not sure what to think anymore. As in, who to even trust

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
While we are on the topic of Twitter, I thought this was quite interesting (and not surprised)
3BB543A7-2AD9-437E-B0D2-D3BCB5797CD2.jpeg

grouch

Reaction score
While we are on the topic of Twitter, I thought this was quite interesting (and not surprised)
View attachment 3035

Is that all? Trump had him beat. <<When SparkToro previously analyzed former President Donald J Trump's account, @realDonaldTrump, it found that 61% were "bots, spam, inactive, or propaganda." Jump to Sections of this page>>

Here's the link if you use Fakebook. I don't.

https://www.facebook.com/login/?nex...nald-j-trumps-account-real/10161040576911323/

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Well, even taking the 61% off, that leaves 35 million before he got shut down. The “most popular President in history” can apparently only manage 11 million. 🤔

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is that all? Trump had him beat. <<When SparkToro previously analyzed former President Donald J Trump's account, @realDonaldTrump, it found that 61% were "bots, spam, inactive, or propaganda." Jump to Sections of this page>>

https://www.facebook.com/login/?next=https://www.facebook.com/KATVChannel7/posts/when-sparktoro-previously-analyzed-former-president-donald-j-trumps-account-real/10161040576911323/
Not saying by all means trumps weren’t fake at all too, but mainly referring how the company inflates everything to look like it has more people than it really does

grouch

Reaction score
I'm just wondering about the provenance of Spoketoro. How long has it been around? How is it funded? What is it's management philosophy?

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm just wondering about the provenance of Spoketoro. How long has it been around? How is it funded? What is it's management philosophy?
Right? That's like everything these days, how are we ever supposed to find the truth now? Sure feels like that is by design, we all fall under one category or the other.

grouch

Reaction score
Well, even taking the 61% off, that leaves 35 million before he got shut down. The “most popular President in history” can apparently only manage 11 million. 🤔

I've never heard of Biden being the "Most popular President in History". What is the source for that. I think Trump might have said something like that, but I can't say for sure. Neither one is in a class with J.F.K. F.D.R., during the war, but not before it, was pretty popular. Teddy Roosevelt was pretty popular too. As for the most popular President EVER, that would be George Washington. His first election was just a formality.

Getting back to the original line on this thread, Elon Musk is going off the deep end. He's raving about getting taken off the S&P 500. I think they need to check his medications.

grouch

Reaction score
He received the most votes in U.S. election history. Ostensibly anyway.

Votes cast are not something I would consider in popularity. The size of the amount of votes cast, are more than the population of the U.S. in years past. It's like the movies. You hear bragging about how much money a movie made. I think a more reliable way to measure it would be how many paid admissions. Then adjust for population size.

Besides, often people will not vote "for" a candidate but will vote "against" someone they don't like.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Elections have long been popularity contests. But yes, I’m sure many voted against one person rather than for the other. Not wise. But it happened.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He's making excuses. I think he got in over his head and is trying to find a way out without paying the huge penalty HE agreed to.
I get a hint that you are not an Elon Musk fan. 😜

grouch

Reaction score
I get a hint that you are not an Elon Musk fan. 😜

I'm neither a fan nor do I hate him. I just don't care for the way he plays with other peoples money. Especially hedge funds that invest peoples 401K plans. He's doing pretty much what Enron did years ago. Laws to stop it were passed, then later repealed.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm neither a fan nor do I hate him. I just don't care for the way he plays with other peoples money. Especially hedge funds that invest peoples 401K plans. He's doing pretty much what Enron did years ago. Laws to stop it were passed, then later repealed.
I haven’t paid that much attention to his policy with money and his company because I haven’t invested anything Tesla yet

grouch

Reaction score
I haven’t paid that much attention to his policy with money and his company because I haven’t invested anything Tesla yet

If you have a Roth IRA or a 401K, you might own some stock. It depends on the hedge fund manager. People who lost their life savings in the Enron event, didn't know their money was invested in it. The initial returns were high but it turned into a Ponzi scheme. I was always very conservative in my 401K investment plans. I didn't make money like my co-workers at the time. Then again, when the housing bubble popped back in the mid 2000's, some of the guys I worked with lost $20,000 or more in losses. One foreman complained that he lost nearly $90,000. My account lost a little over $400.

The thing to keep in mind is very few rich people get rich with their own money. It's usually other peoples money. If they make a pot full of money, you'll get a decent return on your investment. If they go bust, your money is gone. It doesn't really touch them.

wac45

Reaction score

https://www.facebook.com/login/?next=https://www.facebook.com/KATVChannel7/posts/when-sparktoro-previously-analyzed-former-president-donald-j-trumps-account-real/10161040576911323/
Yeah sure....anyway, I actually liked what Trumps policies did for our country, couldn't care less about personality or any of the other distractions that get manufactured. I am not a fan of the democrats and am no longer a fan of the republicans, I am a fan of what works for our country, what benefits the majority of American citizens.

Our justice dept is being used to target political opponents, Federal law is not being enforced (or is selectively enforced) and our free speech is being censored, that should be concerning for everyone.

grouch

Reaction score
Yeah sure....anyway, I actually liked what Trumps policies did for our country, couldn't care less about personality or any of the other distractions that get manufactured. I am not a fan of the democrats and am no longer a fan of the republicans, I am a fan of what works for our country, what benefits the majority of American citizens.

Our justice dept is being used to target political opponents, Federal law is not being enforced (or is selectively enforced) and our free speech is being censored, that should be concerning for everyone.

The attorney general is supposed to be independent, but that went out the window years ago. I started supporting the Republican Party during the Reagan years. In 2018 I quit giving them dues and supporting them as they left me. I even worked as a campaign worker for Trump. I still have a gas voucher that his campaign didn't pay. I think a Republican congressman let slip how the party looks at things when Louie Gohmert (R. Texas) said “if you’re a Republican, you can’t even lie to Congress or lie to an FBI agent or they’re coming after you.” When I saw the tax bill passed by the Republican super majority in 2018, I figured they were just taking care of the rich people again. The rich got a permanent tax break on capital gains and the working grunts got a 5 year break that has expired.

wac45

Reaction score
The attorney general is supposed to be independent, but that went out the window years ago. I started supporting the Republican Party during the Reagan years. In 2018 I quit giving them dues and supporting them as they left me. I even worked as a campaign worker for Trump. I still have a gas voucher that his campaign didn't pay. I think a Republican congressman let slip how the party looks at things when Louie Gohmert (R. Texas) said “if you’re a Republican, you can’t even lie to Congress or lie to an FBI agent or they’re coming after you.” When I saw the tax bill passed by the Republican super majority in 2018, I figured they were just taking care of the rich people again. The rich got a permanent tax break on capital gains and the working grunts got a 5 year break that has expired.
You never agree with someone 100% of the time but on the whole the policies put forward during the Trump term were beneficial to our country. Unfortunately I feel we really don't have a two party system anymore as the republicans (not all but many) main goal is to keep their phoney baloney jobs and their positions of power. Term limits would help but this corruption runs deep.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skeberj