Hellwig rear sway bar kit

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, but I can easily take a pic with it installed. I'll try to get some time to do that today.
Nice. I’m curious to see what it looks like too and how you were able to maneuver around it

Bambi

Reaction score
Like a really noticeable difference?
Yeah. Very noticeable on the trx. I have one on mine. Has three stiffness settings. I’m in the middle and cuts body roll significantly. Only 6 bolts (i think. May be 8) to remove it in about 10 minutes should you want all the articulation. Makes the ride slightly rougher over washboard dirt or broken surfaces but good mod if you want to play with how stiff it is in back

Trailmaker

Reaction score
Yeah. Very noticeable on the trx. I have one on mine. Has three stiffness settings. I’m in the middle and cuts body roll significantly. Only 6 bolts (i think. May be 8) to remove it in about 10 minutes should you want all the articulation. Makes the ride slightly rougher over washboard dirt or broken surfaces but good mod if you want to play with how stiff it is in back
I think you nailed it. It is a on road mod. Though still probably what the masses would want.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
I think you nailed it. It is a on road mod. Though still probably what the masses would want.
Like folks have mentioned many times, many if not most TRXs will never actually go off-road. It's just too nice a vehicle for that in many folk's minds. So this mod is likely for all those folks that just want to "look" like they might go off-road if they wanted to. ;)

2021-ram-1500_100783966_m.jpg

Trailmaker

Reaction score
Like folks have mentioned many times, many if not most TRXs will never actually go off-road. It's just too nice a vehicle for that in many folk's minds. So this mod is likely for all those folks that just want to "look" like they might go off-road if they wanted to. ;)

View attachment 570
I’m in the minority. Cause honestly I just want to jump my Raptor (without breaking something) besides bending my front bumper on my Jeep, I have ever never broken anything on any of my vehicles going off road. Now if you buy something from me, don’t look at the skid plates. They take a beating.

Bambi

Reaction score
I’m in the minority. Cause honestly I just want to jump my Raptor (without breaking something) besides bending my front bumper on my Jeep, I have ever never broken anything on any of my vehicles going off road. Now if you buy something from me, don’t look at the skid plates. They take a beating.
I’ve wrecked a few $$$$$ vehicles using them as intended. After that it makes off-road damage/etc seem really unimportant. You don’t know financial pain until you fuck up a supercar.

An OE lambo wheel is 10k… for one wheel… no tire. And theres one dude named Giuseppe who makes them in italy. He’s on vacation 9 months of the year and is an alcoholic.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score

I grew in a family of logging contractors. They were paid to go off-road every day. A log skidder is made out of 3/8" to 3/4" steel plate and can go through almost anything. But if you rough-house it too much, you will break something. I know. I've done it. And I've had to fix it when others did it. A Raptor or TRX cannot compared to a log skidder when it comes to off-roading. For most folks, things are going to break now and then unless they just creep along.

1634812074820.png

RdHogg

Reaction score
I grew in a family of logging contractors. They were paid to go off-road every day. A log skidder is made out of 3/8" to 3/4" steel plate and can go through almost anything. But if you rough-house it too much, you will break something. I know. I've done it. And I've had to fix it when others did it. A Raptor or TRX cannot compared to a log skidder when it comes to off-roading. For most folks, things are going to break now and then unless they just creep along.

View attachment 600
The perfect "off roader", but for your Hwy runner you might want to consider this modification.

Road rage buster.jpg

Trailmaker

Reaction score

View attachment 600
Yeah I just keep crawling along I don’t take high risk. I don’t want to be towed off of a trail in Colorado the minimum tow rate off a trail 1 mi in was $1000. Typically I off-road with others and we share tools and equipment.
My Raptor is out of warranty now so I doubt I get it off the ground. I just been getting those trills out of my RZR.
A4E37A76-40C7-4457-9922-82423CE65AE2.jpeg
EEB0F1D6-B54A-4F99-A95A-561C7543B4D1.jpeg
6D68FB46-D6C6-49A1-A051-DEF6D4EA638C.jpeg

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
I hate saying it. But doing your off-roading with a RZR or similar is likely the smartest way to go. Those things will go almost anywhere. And if you break it, you don't have to take out a loan to fix it. :)(y)

quietpeen

Reaction score
Sway bars do exactly what their name suggests…they help eliminate sway….aka body roll in hard turns. They do however limit flex in off-road flex situations. It’s a trade off.

Last edited:

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
So basically if I was to get off intestate helps with the sway ans I’m wording if it will help on overpass expansion joints sometimes it almost feels like the ass end hops over those.
If both back wheels bounce together, it will not help. But often, just one wheel bounces. It will reduce that a substantial amount.

I bought mine after we hit broken concrete payment on the Interstate in a curve right before entering a bridge and while running about 80 mph at night. I almost lost it. We've crossed that patch of bad pavement several times since then with the Hellwig sway bar, and it's no issue.

Bad spot.jpg

MO VietVet

Reaction score
If you do get front and rear sway bar kits, get the Hellwig kits. My rig is not for off road but those Hellwig kits make it corner like a freakin' race car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko