Hellwig rear sway bar kit

Justin33

Reaction score
If you do get front and rear sway bar kits, get the Hellwig kits. My rig is not for off road but those Hellwig kits make it corner like a freakin' race car.
I don’t really off-road much but obv can feel the roll getting off interstate. I know bridge expansions threw me around too.

MO VietVet

Reaction score
I don’t really off-road much but obv can feel the roll getting off interstate. I know bridge expansions threw me around too.
Putting those bars on my rig, front and rear, made the most "seat of the pants improvement" that I have ever felt.

quietpeen

Reaction score
If you won’t offroad it, these will be a great upgrade for you. However if you ever found yourself offroading more often you could come up with a system to disconnect them if the aftermarket hasn’t already gotten that far yet.

ednagel

Reaction score
So I'm not sure, but are you upset you lost the "floatiness" of it?
I'm not upset about losing the "floatiness" of it. I am impressed how nice the TRX rides without the bar, but I feel much better ( safer ) with the bar installed when I am in corners or towing my motorcycle trailer. It's not a big trailer, but there is a noticeable ( good ) difference with the bar installed and when the trailer is loaded with 2 full dressers. And like others have said... it wouldn't take but 10 minutes or so to remove it if you wanted to go out back and get a little crazy with it.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
I put it on last week and made some final tweaks over the weekend.
48B6B028-50AC-4872-BB76-B0F23E8CB8F7.jpeg

I started in the middle holes, but moved to the firmest setting. I also had to remount the upper links with the correct sleeves because I didn’t have them when I installed it. They include two different ones and neither is right for the TRX. They give you one that is the correct I.D., but too short and the bushings get crushed when the bolt is tightened. They also give you one that’s the right length to prevent the bushing from collapsing, but it has the wrong I.D.

These are what I bought to solve that:

These are the bolts you also need to order:

Overall it’s been a worthy mod. Reduces the body roll, fixed the wayward, bouncy feel over railroad tracks, and even took care of some of the lean.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
I wound up buying some fixed length end links from Core4x4. They have grease fittings and just seem a lot better quality and actually come with the hardware you'd need to order separately if using the Hellwig links. Unfortunately I can't put them on until I get my suspension noise sorted out, but I'm pretty excited!

Justin33

Reaction score
The Hellwig sway bar is very popular for the regular 1500's, it makes a big difference. I am sure it works wonders on the TRX as well.
What does it do exactly? I know the interstate had some shitty bridge expansion joints and it seemed the truck hopped left to right when I went over them? Does it help with that or sway?
The Hellwig sway bar is very popular for the regular 1500's, it makes a big difference. I am sure it works wonders on the TRX as well

OnTheReel

Reaction score
The sway bar does seem to tame the rear a little over broken pavement. Noticed it more since I took it off for a few days. But it’s still a softly sprung truck at the end of the day.

Speaking of, I wound up putting it back on today because I don’t know when the parts to fix my suspension will hit the dealer, and I was tired of tripping over it.

The Core4x4 end links are pretty beefy and everything went together great.
1796324F-0646-408F-92E1-4F15A051B1DD.jpeg
9A702F83-B565-4B90-8071-930B7BD7C26B.jpeg
1509845C-975A-4CC3-9753-F6AF5ADA6AAA.jpeg

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Yes, would highly recommend to anyone considering the Hellwig. The stock Hellwig parts and the hardware they give you (which isn’t right) is all kinda Mickey Mouse if you ask me.

Justin33

Reaction score
The sway bar does seem to tame the rear a little over broken pavement. Noticed it more since I took it off for a few days. But it’s still a softly sprung truck at the end of the day.

Speaking of, I wound up putting it back on today because I don’t know when the parts to fix my suspension will hit the dealer, and I was tired of tripping over it.

The Core4x4 end links are pretty beefy and everything went together great.View attachment 3331View attachment 3332View attachment 3333
Those look nice I need those for my 1500.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko