No TRX for 2023?

2022-TRX-Ignition-Orange-02.jpg

Rumor going around is that ordering is being or going to be halted on the TRX. Alleging that the hellcat engine is going to be discontinued earlier than previously stated. I’m not sold on this being true, but if it is my truck will get and stay more valuable.

Last edited:

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Sounds like good news, but still a chance some games are being played.

“Either the TRX will continue because emissions regulations are more permissive for pickup trucks or Koval was being coy with what "its current form" meant. It could mean it will continue as a high-speed desert runner but with a different powertrain.”

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
Sounds like good news, but still a chance some games are being played.

“Either the TRX will continue because emissions regulations are more permissive for pickup trucks or Koval was being coy with what "its current form" meant. It could mean it will continue as a high-speed desert runner but with a different powertrain.”
That particular sentence was my concern also. I’m torn on what I want. I would love for the current truck to be this limited but also don’t want it to end

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Well, on one hand, they know they have a huge hit and easy money. On the other, they know the current administration is gonna murder them leaving it as it is. I’m sure they could cook up some hybrid bullshit that would at least be better on paper.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
I have seen more rumors that even in 2024 the trx with the hellcat will be available, but rumors don’t convince me till i see it actually available to order or there is one on a lot.

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
I have seen more rumors that even in 2024 the trx with the hellcat will be available, but rumors don’t convince me till i see it actually available to order or there is one on a lot.
🤣 I’m not convinced they exist for 2022 until I see mine that’s been built since 03/08/22……..supposedly. 🤣🤣🙌🏼

jake226

Reaction score
🤣 I’m not convinced they exist for 2022 until I see mine that’s been built since 03/08/22……..supposedly. 🤣🤣🙌🏼
What’s your current shipment ETA? And how many times was it rescheduled? Ram chat told me this week my delivery (built mid April) ETA was 5-5 to 5-15. I’m not believing it (but it sure would be a treat if true).

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
What’s your current shipment ETA? And how many times was it rescheduled? Ram chat told me this week my delivery (built mid April) ETA was 5-5 to 5-15. I’m not believing it (but it sure would be a treat if true).
Mine says no ETA but dealer said they were notified it’s on the rail. Mine has been no ETA since it was built in early March.

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
So STILL nothing!? Man, cannot not believe its still not in your garage yet
Still nothing. It’s extremely frustrating. First brand new vehicle I’ve ever purchased. My wife has purchased a few off of lots. It’s definitely left a sour taste in my mouth.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Still nothing. It’s extremely frustrating. First brand new vehicle I’ve ever purchased. My wife has purchased a few off of lots. It’s definitely left a sour taste in my mouth.
I can only imagine. You have a lot more patience than me. I am a “gotta have it now” type of guy. How much $ are you in for on it?

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That sucks but know its not just RAM and its not just TRX‘s having issues with orders and shipping.
For sure. Never ever thought we would be in this situation living in the US/Canada. Sucks

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
That sucks but know its not just RAM and its not just TRX‘s having issues with orders and shipping.
Oh I know. My wife decided to order a Bronco. I convinced her to order the Bronco Raptor. She is on a wait list at two different dealers and one told her 3 to 5 years before she will get it. That is just pure insanity.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh I know. My wife decided to order a Bronco. I convinced her to order the Bronco Raptor. She is on a wait list at two different dealers and one told her 3 to 5 years before she will get it. That is just pure insanity.
Yep. I believe it. On our broncoraptorforum.com it’s the same consensus unless you were lucky enough to get a Golden Ticket (name used for some one who got selected for the 1st round of builds). Bad part is some dealerships marked up the prices up to 20%! Robbery

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
I have seen that the C8 Z06 once ordering opens up could be a minimum of 5 years.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
Yea it’s absolutely crazy right now. Honestly with the way ford and chevy are looking like many years for specialty vehicle orders I’m honestly impressed with how fast Ram it getting the TRX out eventhough there is what seems a bull shit lack of reason for what order gets done first. People are at 6 to 7 months and no truck yet but then others order much later and take 2 to 3 months.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron