Pricing increase WOW

IMG_14003.jpg

I know pricing increases across the board but man, the TRX is extreme

2021 starts $70,425
2022 starts $75,780

MO VietVet

Reaction score
I hope that when I get back to Mo., in March, I want to get a part time job as a service writer/service manager again. 35 years in the business and still loved what I used to do. I want to work 3-5 days a week and 4-5 hours a day. I have sent 8 resumes out to quality family owned shops in Warrensburg, will never work for a stealership or the corporate shops like Firestone or Goodyear. I have received two replies back from those 8 shops and they want to talk to me in March when I get there.

I say this because if I do get a job with a shop, I will be buying a pickup truck of some sort. It always seemed like I had to haul something in the back of my truck when I was running shops.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I hope that when I get back to Mo., in March, I want to get a part time job as a service writer/service manager again. 35 years in the business and still loved what I used to do. I want to work 3-5 days a week and 4-5 hours a day. I have sent 8 resumes out to quality family owned shops in Warrensburg, will never work for a stealership or the corporate shops like Firestone or Goodyear. I have received two replies back from those 8 shops and they want to talk to me in March when I get there.

I say this because if I do get a job with a shop, I will be buying a pickup truck of some sort. It always seemed like I had to haul something in the back of my truck when I was running shops.
good luck on the job search

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Demand for these is definitely a factor, but I think they really have no choice but to raise prices in this environment. The producer price index was up 9.7% last year, so they aren’t pocketing the difference.

I was recently hearing that alot of dealers(well maybe a few at least) where coming way down, even less then MSRP. The thing is now, could that be due to them raising the MSRP prices?

quietpeen

Reaction score
There were and probably still are dealers that put in orders at 10% under msrp I believe. I think i did see where one dealer said they were doing that because of the price increase of level 2 option.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
They’ll still screw you on anything in stock, but good deals on orders if you’re willing to wait. Seems to be the theme with all vehicles now as they move to a more “custom order” business model.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They’ll still screw you on anything in stock, but good deals on orders if you’re willing to wait. Seems to be the theme with all vehicles now as they move to a more “custom order” business model.

Well at least they aren't screwing people on both orders and on lots.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Up another grand this past week. $77,780. Level 1 trucks easily cost more than my Level 2 with options did. Crazy.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Yeah, getting a little out of hand. We are getting my wife a new Jeep in the fall, and she’s pretty worried about what the prices will look like by then. I was kinda hoping supply would normalize. Maybe work a deal on a leftover 2022 like the good old days. Not counting on it.

grouch

Reaction score
I'm sure inflation and parts shortages are not helping.

I was at a party at the GF's sisters house and a fellow there works for Toyota. They are having supply issues also. They have plenty of microchips. They can't get padding for the unholstery.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was at a party at the GF's sisters house and a fellow there works for Toyota. They are having supply issues also. They have plenty of microchips. They can't get padding for the unholstery.
Ugh. Finally get caught up on chips and then there is a shortage of something else. I guess we are just going to have to get used to this situation for the time being. Hopefully there is an end of the shortages in sight!

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ugh. Finally get caught up on chips and then there is a shortage of something else. I guess we are just going to have to get used to this situation for the time being. Hopefully there is an end of the shortages in sight!
With the Ukraine invasion I suspect the shortages will increase.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Toyota was one of the few automakers that actually learned their lesson and stockpiled semiconductors after the tsunami of ~10 years ago impacted their production. Unfortunately you just can’t stockpile everything you would possibly run out of.

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Toyota was one of the few automakers that actually learned their lesson and stockpiled semiconductors after the tsunami of ~10 years ago impacted their production. Unfortunately you just can’t stockpile everything you would possibly run out of.
And stockpiling tech could backfire if something new comes out

grouch

Reaction score

Toyota invested in chip production a while back. There is a move towards onshore production of components over the last couple of years. I think Ford is moving towards less stuff sent from overseas. GM and FCA may also be going that route.

Henry Ford had it right when he made as much in house as possible. His Rouge River plant rolled sheet metal, fabric, iron ore and such in one end and finished cars out the other. He even had his own ore carriers.

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
Yep, there is to many TAXes here Your tax on your Taxes ..:cautious: >> I wouldn't even mention the carbon tax on fuel what a Joke....The only way it's going change is have a election.
Yeah we need an election but we also need all the idiots in Toronto ,Ottawa , Montreal, to stop voting liberal! The whole country is beholden to those 3 areas. Seems like all the other parts of canada are blue mostly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko