I know pricing increases across the board but man, the TRX is extreme

2021 starts $70,425
2022 starts $75,780

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah we need an election but we also need all the idiots in Toronto ,Ottawa , Montreal, to stop voting liberal! The whole country is beholden to those 3 areas. Seems like all the other parts of canada are blue mostly.
Very similar to the US. Majority of country is red but the majority of the big cities are blue

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Another $1010 since March, now up to $78,790. With destination we are up over the $80k mark.

grouch

Reaction score
They’ll still screw you on anything in stock, but good deals on orders if you’re willing to wait. Seems to be the theme with all vehicles now as they move to a more “custom order” business model.

Actually, up until the 1990's, it was usually custom order. Dealers would order a few vehicles, and I'm talking about ALL manufacturers, and the rest were ordered to spec. In the early 90's, dealers started loading the lots with preordered vehicles. Since automatic transmissions made a higher profit, that is what the dealers ordered. Then the manufacturers dropped automatics because nobody was ordering them. That's also why you see so many white and silver vehicles. The paint is cheaper to put on and cheaper to touch up if it gets scratched.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would say for now get used to price increases.
Yep! Not going to go down. California is in the process of redoing their gas station signs so they add an extra digit to it. So that means its going to $10 per gallon there

grouch

Reaction score
Yep! Not going to go down. California is in the process of redoing their gas station signs so they add an extra digit to it. So that means its going to $10 per gallon there

I filled up at Costco today for $4.47 a gallon. Most of the other stations are $4.89. There are a couple of stations that are $5.19 already. These are owned by guys who will short change you if they get the chance. One had diesel for $5.99.9 a gallon. For all intents and purposes $6.

Until people change their driving habits and quit buying low MPG vehicles, you're right. It isn't going down anytime soon. The oil storage tanks are almost full and the pump in the Illinois Basin area are being slowed down.

wac45

Reaction score
I filled up at Costco today for $4.47 a gallon. Most of the other stations are $4.89. There are a couple of stations that are $5.19 already. These are owned by guys who will short change you if they get the chance. One had diesel for $5.99.9 a gallon. For all intents and purposes $6.

Until people change their driving habits and quit buying low MPG vehicles, you're right. It isn't going down anytime soon. The oil storage tanks are almost full and the pump in the Illinois Basin area are being slowed down.
I don't think low mpg vehicles is the primary reason for these inflated gas prices. There is another agenda at work here. IMO

grouch

Reaction score
I don't think low mpg vehicles is the primary reason for these inflated gas prices. There is another agenda at work here. IMO

Definitely. It's a power grab. The railroad barons back in the 1800's did the same thing. There were so many I can't keep the names straight but there was an issue with use of a bridge going into New York City. The rich owner of the bridge wouldn't let the train, owned by a different rich guy, cross the bridge. This shut off food and coal to New York City. The owner of the bridge didn't care, he wanted power and money. The people in NYC didn't matter to him. Another one (Collis Huntington) said that anything that wasn't nailed down was his. If he could pry it up, it wasn't nailed down. These are the reasons we have the rail system we do. When you go across a rail crossing, you're on private property.

Rockefeller did the current antics a lot back in the early 20th Century. Uncle Sam eventually made him break Standard Oil up as it was a monopoly. The oil industry is working on the thirst for big guzzlers to improve their bottom line. They will also be asking for favors from the Government to bring prices back down. You can bet your gas money on that.

The rich live in a different world. Well over 90% of the wealth in the world is controlled by 5% of the people. As an example, I was listening to a speaker at a seminar a while back who had worked as a "wealth manager" for one of the super rich. They were leaving London for a meeting in Austria. She mentioned that she had left her passport in another purse and needed to go back before they got on the chartered plane. Her boss said "don't worry about it". After being told his three times, she figured he would take care of any issues. They went to the meeting in Austria and returned. As she was going home, she realized that at no time did anybody want to see her passport. If you or I tried that, we would be answering a LOT of embarrassing questions. That is why I listen to a variety of news sources but check the facts otherwise as ALL the profit networks are in the pockets of the rich. NPR isn't, but a lot of it's donors are. The Wall Street Journal and Facebook both support NPR but Fakebook, is well, Fakebook and the WSJ is owned by NewsCorp. It also owns Fox News and is ultimately owned by Rupert Murdoch and family. Guess who helped get all the firearms confiscated in Austrailia in the 1990's?

Justin33

Reaction score
Jeez and I thought 4.95 for 87 yesterday was bad.

wac45

Reaction score
Definitely. It's a power grab. The railroad barons back in the 1800's did the same thing. There were so many I can't keep the names straight but there was an issue with use of a bridge going into New York City. The rich owner of the bridge wouldn't let the train, owned by a different rich guy, cross the bridge. This shut off food and coal to New York City. The owner of the bridge didn't care, he wanted power and money. The people in NYC didn't matter to him. Another one (Collis Huntington) said that anything that wasn't nailed down was his. If he could pry it up, it wasn't nailed down. These are the reasons we have the rail system we do. When you go across a rail crossing, you're on private property.

Rockefeller did the current antics a lot back in the early 20th Century. Uncle Sam eventually made him break Standard Oil up as it was a monopoly. The oil industry is working on the thirst for big guzzlers to improve their bottom line. They will also be asking for favors from the Government to bring prices back down. You can bet your gas money on that.

The rich live in a different world. Well over 90% of the wealth in the world is controlled by 5% of the people. As an example, I was listening to a speaker at a seminar a while back who had worked as a "wealth manager" for one of the super rich. They were leaving London for a meeting in Austria. She mentioned that she had left her passport in another purse and needed to go back before they got on the chartered plane. Her boss said "don't worry about it". After being told his three times, she figured he would take care of any issues. They went to the meeting in Austria and returned. As she was going home, she realized that at no time did anybody want to see her passport. If you or I tried that, we would be answering a LOT of embarrassing questions. That is why I listen to a variety of news sources but check the facts otherwise as ALL the profit networks are in the pockets of the rich. NPR isn't, but a lot of it's donors are. The Wall Street Journal and Facebook both support NPR but Fakebook, is well, Fakebook and the WSJ is owned by NewsCorp. It also owns Fox News and is ultimately owned by Rupert Murdoch and family. Guess who helped get all the firearms confiscated in Austrailia in the 1990's?
Always about following the money which goes back to our ruling elitist class. Green new deal, climate change, EV, pick your money making scam.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Looks like there was another price increase for 2023…..don’t know the exact number but it is between 2000 and 2500. That puts the base model trx above 80 grand i belive.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like there was another price increase for 2023…..don’t know the exact number but it is between 2000 and 2500. That puts the base model trx above 80 grand i belive.
Insane. That’s going to be across the board on all autos unfortunately. We are all in for a tough go sadly

grouch

Reaction score
I wonder if FCA (Dodge/Ram) will do like Ford is getting ready to do. In the next few years, Ford is going to a three tiered sales set up. I don't have the details at hand, but I think the top tier will be Ford-E. These will be selling the electric Ford vehicles. Prices will be locked into the advertised prices with no surcharges. Dealers will need to spend about $500,000 to 1.4 million dollars and install public charging stations for use by ALL makes of electric vehicles.

Next will be the /blue Oval dealers that are the basic dealerships. Then there will be the commercial dealers. With anything, what they release in a blurb and the actual way things turn out, might be quite different.

I think all the manufacturers are having issues with the dealers jacking prices up. The dealers like the extra bucks from market surcharges. The manufacturers, not so much as they feel it will drive away customers down the road when sales are more normal.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Base price is now $80,490. Over 10g’s more than what’s listed on my 2021 window sticker, and about what you could get a level 2 with no extras for back then.

I guess the manufacturers saw what the dealers are doing and want a piece for themselves instead. Wasn’t uncommon to find TRXs on the lot last year sell for 10k over. Now Ram themselves collects the 10k over. And the dealers are in for a big hurt once the recession sets in. Especially the ones I had dealings with when finding my wife a car last month. I will never ever buy anything from these slugs that are marking up rental car grade Jeeps and Chevys.

grouch

Reaction score
Base price is now $80,490. Over 10g’s more than what’s listed on my 2021 window sticker, and about what you could get a level 2 with no extras for back then.

I guess the manufacturers saw what the dealers are doing and want a piece for themselves instead. Wasn’t uncommon to find TRXs on the lot last year sell for 10k over. Now Ram themselves collects the 10k over. And the dealers are in for a big hurt once the recession sets in. Especially the ones I had dealings with when finding my wife a car last month. I will never ever buy anything from these slugs that are marking up rental car grade Jeeps and Chevys.

While this is for FCA trucks (I do have an older Ram 1500) I also have a Mazda CX-5. Earlier this year I was at the dealer for service, a little cheaper than most oil change places, and while I was waiting, I looked at their two new cars. They only had about 10 or 12 used ones too. The one CX-5 they had had a $4000 market adjustment. Evidently Mazda got wind of that and later, the next time I was in for service ALL the new cars had the MSRP sticker and nothing else.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Either that, or they finally ran out of suckers willing to pay 4 grand over sticker on cars that used to sell under invoice 2 years ago. Ultimately it ends when we end it…

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Apparently another $3300 base price increase has come down. That would put the price with destination (but no options) at $85,785. Ouch. Between that and interest rates, any thought I had of ordering a 23 or 24 is gone. Glad I have what I have.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
They finally updated the site today to reflect it. Still no 2023 build and price. Maybe by this time next year lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skeberj