S&B Intake with Dry Extendable Filter

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Thanks, I never noticed but my driver’s side piece looks like that too. I will shoot them an email. I also finally got ahold of the dry filter for mine. Just have to put it in one of these days. I know it’ll be a hassle.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
Thanks, I never noticed but my driver’s side piece looks like that too. I will shoot them an email. I also finally got ahold of the dry filter for mine. Just have to put it in one of these days. I know it’ll be a hassle.

They seem to be on top of getting them out too. I sent the email and later the same day got the response from them saying that the order was put in to ship the updated shroud out and all the push pins needed to attach it. 2 to 4 business days

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
Oh and nice on getting the dry filter. I’m really interested to see if you are able to swap it with the air box on the truck.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Yeah, can’t do it with the air box in place. The filter seals so tight to it, no leverage to push it out. Best method I came up with was to remove the 4 bolts that hold the box to the brace (and two on the core support). Then you can slide the box over to the passenger side, get your hand on the filter and push it out into the air box.
3B6B8631-99DD-4187-B186-87B440AC7B07.jpeg

I also took the opportunity to paint the bolts inside the air box and add bigger fender washers to them. They blend right in now.
C969942B-8D93-4813-9DAB-C2BC88545765.jpeg

Wish someone made lids with the TRX logo.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
I was afraid of that. I also want to get bigger fender washers. The bolts being a little longer wouldn‘t hurt either. The corner ones were a challenger to get in even on the work bench. Nice touch on painting them black.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
I got my new shroud but they put it in a box that it didn’t fit in and then it got pushed down with the paper packing that they put in with it, so now it has a curve to it. I will probably carefully use the heat gun to relax the curve to get it to lay flat again.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
However I didn’t need to use the heat gun. It lays flat with the clips. I figure the heat from the engine will also help make it stay flat.

87FEF195-1682-4839-B0F6-2979237AD43E.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko