So for you Raptor owners that moved on to TRX....

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Was it before you started working with Freedom?
Yes, I didn't start working for Freedom Motorsports/Got Exhaust until well after I sold my 2012 Raptor. I was one of the 1st Freedom Customers on the forum, then became a a consistent customer at Freedom and became friend's with Chris....who is now my boss. Fast forward a few years and he offered me this position.

Busa Dave

Reaction score
So there's a chance of you moving on from the TRX?
Yes for a work truck in ugly conditions the TRX is not the answer at least for me--tried that the last 5 months and 12k miles. It is a leisure/city truck for occasional excursions into the dirt. Will most likely as I said before keep it to mod into a beast like some of my previous cars, trucks and bikes. Have to look into it more to see what the possibilities are. The platform has not been around long enough to fully understand what it's limitations are when getting into the engine. ;)
Hoss (2).jpg

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
Yes for a work truck in ugly conditions the TRX is not the answer at least for me--tried that the last 5 months and 12k miles. It is a leisure/city truck for occasional excursions into the dirt. Will most likely as I said before keep it to mod into a beast like some of my previous cars, trucks and bikes. Have to look into it more to see what the possibilities are. The platform has not been around long enough to fully understand what it's limitations are when getting into the engine. ;)View attachment 490
Cool bike man

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had 3 Raptors, 2 Gen 1 and a Gen 2. I loved both Gen 1's (the second was supercharged). I LIKED my Gen 2, but never loved it. It is stupid, as it is a great truck, but the grunt of a V8 and the howl of a V8 is something I love, I regretted selling my Gen 1 SC Raptor almost immediately. The TRX is everything the Gen 1 was with more tech, performance, and comfort. It is amazingly similar to the Gen 3 Raptor on the inside, but man that 702 horsepower super charged motor is the bomb.

So did you own the SC raptor at the same time as you 2nd Gen?

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, I didn't start working for Freedom Motorsports/Got Exhaust until well after I sold my 2012 Raptor. I was one of the 1st Freedom Customers on the forum, then became a a consistent customer at Freedom and became friend's with Chris....who is now my boss. Fast forward a few years and he offered me this position.

Nice. Didnt even know that.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes for a work truck in ugly conditions the TRX is not the answer at least for me--tried that the last 5 months and 12k miles. It is a leisure/city truck for occasional excursions into the dirt. Will most likely as I said before keep it to mod into a beast like some of my previous cars, trucks and bikes. Have to look into it more to see what the possibilities are. The platform has not been around long enough to fully understand what it's limitations are when getting into the engine. ;)View attachment 490

Yeah, if you can get that tremor you mentioned and keep the TRX and drive it for fun, that's a win for sure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Outofmyleague