TRX

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Agreed. There hasn't been any real competition for the Raptor for over a decade and until the TRX came out. Not sure if the Raptor R is going to switch very many back, it's going to be super limited in production have a stupid ADM. There is rumor of a Redeye TRX, when the Raptor R is finally released and Dodge just announced a performance program with select dealerships for Hellcat-based vehicles where you can add power packages up to 100 HP more and still maintain your factory warranty. Personally, I am always open for something better, but it's gonna take a lot as I love my TRX.

I figured as much when hearing the R will be limited(which is stupid of Ford to do btw). Is yours a 2021 or 22?

quietpeen

Reaction score
Totally agree. I think when the Rebel came out, people were claiming Raptor Killer. After some time, it became just below a competitor, not quite equal. Hasn't Ram pretty much gave up on the Rebel trim?
no the rebel is still available and it is also getting the GT package in 2022 which gives it the console shifter, paddles on the steering wheel, a CAI and cold air exhaust.

Plankton

Reaction score
Totally agree. I think when the Rebel came out, people were claiming Raptor Killer. After some time, it became just below a competitor, not quite equal. Hasn't Ram pretty much gave up on the Rebel trim?
It does seem like the GT and Back Country trims were implemented to supersede (haven't used that word in a while lol) the Rebel.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
no the rebel is still available and it is also getting the GT package in 2022 which gives it the console shifter, paddles on the steering wheel, a CAI and cold air exhaust.

So a Rebel will be TRX with out the Hellcat?

PAPA'S TRX

Reaction score
So are they worth spending the money on?
I am thinking about trading my classic off for one. What are they like on fuel economy? and yes I know it is a high performance vehicle which makes it harder on fuel
My son in law owns a 2021 Raptor and his brother owns a 2021 TRX so after my customized truck that I bought new in 1994 and anticipated would outlive me and get passed on to one of my grandsons was totalled, I had the opportunity to drive both. The only situation where a Raptor is better than a TRX is when you pull up to the gas pump. Driving 250 miles home from the dealer after puchasing a 2022 TRX I got 13.4 mpg. I was traveling 75 to 90 mph except when I had to slow down for speed traps. Around town with 70% in town and 30% highway miles I get 11.2 mpg . I am sure you could do better, but hearing the supercharger whine will probably have you randomly flooring it like I do. It is the most enjoyment I have had driving since the Corvette I bought right after I finished flight school. WORTH EVERY PENNY

quietpeen

Reaction score
My son in law owns a 2021 Raptor and his brother owns a 2021 TRX so after my customized truck that I bought new in 1994 and anticipated would outlive me and get passed on to one of my grandsons was totalled, I had the opportunity to drive both. The only situation where a Raptor is better than a TRX is when you pull up to the gas pump. Driving 250 miles home from the dealer after puchasing a 2022 TRX I got 13.4 mpg. I was traveling 75 to 90 mph except when I had to slow down for speed traps. Around town with 70% in town and 30% highway miles I get 11.2 mpg . I am sure you could do better, but hearing the supercharger whine will probably have you randomly flooring it like I do. It is the most enjoyment I have had driving since the Corvette I bought right after I finished flight school. WORTH EVERY PENNY
That supercharger whine is what gets me every time. And I’m doing an intake so I get more. I expect to lose at least 1 mpg :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaXiong