What did you spend (or waste) your money on today.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Andā€¦it wasnā€™t a winner! Doh.
šŸ˜‚. Not surprised. Those are so hard to win on. Bad part is when you do, itā€™s like you only get your money back

OnTheReel

Reaction score
šŸ˜‚. Not surprised. Those are so hard to win on. Bad part is when you do, itā€™s like you only get your money back
And when I do break even, I buy another and lose on it anyway. Most Iā€™ve ever won was $100 on a $10 ticket.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And when I do break even, I buy another and lose on it anyway. Most Iā€™ve ever won was $100 on a $10 ticket.
Truth to that! I won $500 once on a $20 ticket (was about 10 years ago) and have not won crap since. Granted I rarely play them anymore because its a no win situation

quietpeen

Reaction score
The pump on My Keurig pulled a Amber Heard so to amazon I went. New one was delivered today.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Well now youā€™ll be on the same cycle as me. Shoulda bought two right away to have a backup.
:ROFLMAO: You are probably right

I also have a regular coffee maker for weekends because I think the coffee taste better but for work days the keurig is too convenient with not wasting coffee. The new one also has a ā€strongā€ setting which helps make the French roast k-cups I have more robust

OP
OP
G

grouch

Reaction score
:ROFLMAO: You are probably right

I also have a regular coffee maker for weekends because I think the coffee taste better but for work days the keurig is too convenient with not wasting coffee. The new one also has a ā€strongā€ setting which helps make the French roast k-cups I have more robust

If you like strong coffee, let me know. I'll swing by. I don't drink coffee. When I was working, they INSISTED that since my desk was by it, I should make the coffee. We were out of the prepackaged grinds so I got the scoop out and used the Folgers can. You could almost stand the spoon up in it. They never asked me again, but did say that for future reference, 2 or 3 scoops was plenty. Not the 8 I used. I've never seen eyes pop open like that before or since.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I spent money on insulation. $62 bucks plus tax for 2x6 R21. Then I spend about 50 bucks on 4 sheets of sheet rock.

This is the wall i was adding insulation to. Pieces were cut at 63 inches long so i have some left over.
View attachment 3147

I plan to sheet rock that whole wall which will take 4 sheets. When i cut the sheets to 68.5ā€ that left me 27.5ā€ left so I cut a nice straight line in the ceiling at 27-3/4ā€ so that he ceiling could also be filled in.

View attachment 3148
View attachment 3149

Back story is that wall and part of the ceiling got ripped out because years back there was a bad rain storm and I had water running through the top of the window. Exploratory measures found out that it was coming for the exterior door on the floor above. I replaced that door and flashed everything properly and have not had any water since.

As many projects go, things get put on the back burner and now I am Finally getting motivated enough again to finish this room completely and make it a 2nd spare bedroom.
Boy things have really changed since this post. I lost motivation on this room for a little while and then When I got back into it I had my Dadā€™s help, and well one thing led to another and another And well see for yourself.

This is where the existing (too big for overall room size) closet was.
89D12B07-4280-4F1B-949B-BEE5EC59FA31.jpeg

In taking out the closet noticed that the exterior wall wasnā€™t properly insulated and then thoughtā€¦.how badly is the rest of the wall insulated, so it all came down.
6A7DBF72-4DBC-499C-BDA5-FF1BF12F458B.jpeg

B675E87C-D0FE-42E5-8CD4-0EBAF7AC7627.jpeg

since parts of the ceiling were already needing patching, and the ceiling/fan box wasnā€™t properly installed i decided to just take the whole ceiling down . this ended up starting a whole new expensive project (Becauseā€¦..while the ceiling is down its a good time to do this lol)
E6B7F8DB-D752-4382-8317-89400453F719.jpeg

quietpeen

Reaction score
I relocated the closet and made it smaller, but also decided to put rockwool in the walls to help make it quieter in this bedroom.

DA983EDD-0CB7-4FC5-B753-1EAEF462DFC4.jpeg

2EB8467E-51C9-41B5-991B-C21D5BC4826B.jpeg

8358CDF3-CCFB-493B-9A1A-5A345BAEACB3.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swerve19