What did you spend (or waste) your money on today.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Didn’t spend $ today, but did 2 months ago on our sleep number bed. It took 2 months to get it and it finally arrived today. It’s like buying a used car on what we paid for this thing! Hopefully it takes me to dreams I’ve never had before 😜

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
Which LG is out there right now? I just want the best of the best, I am leaning towards the S22 ultra for the huge battery and nice screen. Maybe wait for the new note? I have been a Motorola fan boy for years, only owned Motorola phones since the original Droid. That is about to change though!
Get an ultra.. just make sure you spend good money on a bullet proof case, like most phones need. For me the LG was easier to use but by time I get used to this S22 I'll be off contract so who nows.. the camera is ultra

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get an ultra.. just make sure you spend good money on a bullet proof case, like most phones need. For me the LG was easier to use but by time I get used to this S22 I'll be off contract so who nows.. the camera is ultra
Oh man, I never use cases and I always buy my phones full price. I have an old grandfathered Verizon plan, unlimited everything no throttling Internet including 100gb of hotspot. So I can't risk losing my plan haha.

Was looking up new flagship phones coming out this year and it's looking pretty sad. Think the ultra is the only way to go this year.

MO VietVet

Reaction score
Didn’t spend $ today, but did 2 months ago on our sleep number bed. It took 2 months to get it and it finally arrived today. It’s like buying a used car on what we paid for this thing! Hopefully it takes me to dreams I’ve never had before 😜
You will not regret the Sleep Number bed purchase. Best nights sleep I have ever had for so many years now and they are even better now than when I bought for first time, 7 years ago.

quietpeen

Reaction score
So the 17th of march I’m getting the gutter work done to the house. Gonna cost me $442. That could be a decent cai upgrade to increase the supercharger whine. :sneaky:

Justin33

Reaction score
Me and my gf need a bed the price for these scares me but I know her and I both snore at times too wonder if it would help?

quietpeen

Reaction score
I have been wanting to upgrade to a king bed from my queen that is probably pushing 20 years old and has a 4 inch foam topper on it which makes it still very comfortable to me. I’m tempted to get an all foam mattress but i see many people say the are too soft, but then when you go to the hybrid foam mattress i see people saying they are too stifff. I sleep on my side to that is a huge factor for me.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Today, I "wasted" money on gasoline. At almost $4.50 per gal. for 93 Octane, I had to do the unthinkable. I "detuned" my Daytona to run 84 Octane gas. 😥

I reinstalled the original factory R/T tune with the EGR, rear O2 sensors and speed limiter turned off. Now I'm down to $3.76 a gallon. But that's still too much. And my car now feels sluggish to me. 😖

Daytona13Mar2022_01.jpg

Daytona24June2021_01.jpg

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Today, I wasted my money on a new mattress that my sweetie wanted. Her sister got a "Purple" brand mattress a while back. And now my sweetie wanted one. :rolleyes:

I got the best price I could online from the good folks at Purple and then we went to a local furniture store that sold Purple to haggle on a bargain price. And we did pretty well. I even got some of their 12 lb pillows added to the deal. So a new top-of-the-line Purple mattress in California King is headed our way. As the saying goes, never pay retail.

1649546022265.png

quietpeen

Reaction score
Today, I wasted my money on a new mattress that my sweetie wanted. Her sister got a "Purple" brand mattress a while back. And now my sweetie wanted one. :rolleyes:

I got the best price I could online from the good folks at Purple and then we went to a local furniture store that sold Purple to haggle on a bargain price. And we did pretty well. I even got some of their 12 lb pillows added to the deal. So a new top-of-the-line Purple mattress in California King is headed our way. As the saying goes, never pay retail.

View attachment 2804
report back with how you like a foam mattress.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Just wasted around $300 on some new flooring to put on the wall in our bedroom. Yes, flooring on the wall. Who knew that was a thing? 😲

1652485802765.png

Justin33

Reaction score
I have seen this but is this your pic or a pic of the product? Is a cool idea.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Today I wasted the morning on the shoulder along Interstate-30 in Little Rock.

My 20-something daughter was in her car with her boyfriend driving home at around 2:00 am when her car (2008 Toyota Avalon) overheated. She pulled to the side of the Interstate and the engine died. Around 3:00 am, she tried adding some antifreeze she had in the trunk, but no joy starting the engine. She texted me (asleep at the time) and called one of her friends to come get her.

This morning, I saw the text. So my daughter, her boyfriend and I went to see if we could add some more coolant and get the car started. BUT when we got there, the car was gone. And there was a pile of her stuff and broken glass where her car had been. o_O

I called the Little Rock police. They transferred me to the State Police, that told me a State Trooper found the car vandalized and had a towing company take it to their impound lot. We took photos and collected her stuff. Strangely, her boyfriend found a large piece of plumbing pipe in the pile that would have been perfect for busting out car windows. I kept that pipe. 😡

My daughter cried a lot because there were things in her car precious to her. But there was nothing of any real value other than a charging base and four controllers for a game console. The console itself was not left in the car, so who knows if the thieves even took the accessories that were there? I imagine most everything will be in the car when we get to it. I called the wrecker company, but it will be Monday before we can see about getting the car towed home.

I imagine my part of this adventure will be around $300 to pay two towing bills and any impound fees. And that will only get me a 2008 Avalon with what is likely blown head gaskets and a broken window. Depending on the damage from the vandalism, I may be able to get a few hundred dollars from the insurance company beyond the deductible. But we will have to see. A used Avalon engine installed will be about $2,000. Or around $750 for repair parts, head machining, fluids and the rest if I do the work myself. I doubt I will do that. I don't have time. But I can grab a window at a local salvage yard. They are relatively cheap and install that myself. 😔

Avalon13April2020_02.jpg

The only good part of this is that I own WAY too many vehicles. So my daughter will have her choice of "rolling stock" for the time being.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko