Anyone a Chef?

Plankton

Reaction score
Meatloaf and mashed potatoes. The meatloaf recipe was a bit off with more ingredients than would fit in the 9x5 pan, so I made one small and one larger and took one out at 45 min and the other at about 70 min:

RuirGb7.jpg

t89zzWH.jpg

Prbo318.jpg

4imejqg.jpg

PXsEzAx.jpg

Mushroom gravy and some buttered brussels's too, and as always I used a bit more garlic than was called for. Oh so good.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Nice, the other day I was talking about smoking a cheese burger style meat loaf. Use cheddar cheese, onions, jalapeno's and wrap it in bacon

Plankton

Reaction score
That sounds amazing and very close to a Juicy Lucy.

Last edited:

MO VietVet

Reaction score
20220125_201323.jpg

I love green beans and bacon. Made a big pot of beans and used a full pound of bacon and of course my favorite Betty's Outrageous Shake & Dry Rub. This is the first bowl right after cooking. Tonight I am having smoked sirloin steak, and yes, I will have my favorite Heinz 57 sauce to dip the steak in, and baked red potato's with butter and sour cream and of course the green beans. Heart attack on a plate!

quietpeen

Reaction score
View attachment 2098

I love green beans and bacon. Made a big pot of beans and used a full pound of bacon and of course my favorite Betty's Outrageous Shake & Dry Rub. This is the first bowl right after cooking. Tonight I am having smoked sirloin steak, and yes, I will have my favorite Heinz 57 sauce to dip the steak in, and baked red potato's with butter and sour cream and of course the green beans. Heart attack on a plate!
I generally don’t think about, crave or eat green beans, but that bowl looks good. I imagine the bacon adds enough salt to overcome the blandness of them.

Plankton

Reaction score
I tried my hand at a vodka sauce last weekend. I never realized how simple it is. It went well with some eyetalian sahsages and penne pasta and I just finished up the leftovers yesterday. Ok, now I'm hungry.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I tried my hand at a vodka sauce last weekend. I never realized how simple it is. It went well with some eyetalian sahsages and penne pasta and I just finished up the leftovers yesterday. Ok, now I'm hungry.
Very nice, vodka sauce is a nice change of pace From other Italian dishes.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Smoked another chuck roast today. It’s currently slowly cooling down in the cooler wrapped in towels. Also smoked potatoes and currently have cheez-its on with garlic and jalapeno rub.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Meatloaf and mashed potatoes. The meatloaf recipe was a bit off with more ingredients than would fit in the 9x5 pan, so I made one small and one larger and took one out at 45 min and the other at about 70 min:

View attachment 2087

View attachment 2088

View attachment 2089

View attachment 2090

View attachment 2091

Mushroom gravy and some buttered brussels's too, and as always I used a bit more garlic than was called for. Oh so good.

Wow, that looks really good!

DeckArtist

Reaction score
Spent a little time as a self taught chef in a very small wine bistro. Have cooked in a couple of 4 star houses in the past. Nothing super fancy, but know how to cook most anything except the cream sauces, they have always turned out differently than intended. Benedict looks good!

Studied under a couple of master chefs in my time, love to cook.

quietpeen

Reaction score
No pics, but made another pizza last night and this is not about crust but overall taste. I gave up on making my own sauce from canned tomatoes and started buying marinara sauces to try. Found one that I really like with a mozzarella, mild cheddar cheese mix, and pepperoni.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
I just made this...will post up pics once it is done simmering.

And this dude is badass.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swerve19