Cold air intakes

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Ordered the S&B today. The AFE Super Stock has been nice, but no power difference. It’ll be interesting to see if the S&B is actually measurably / noticeably better. I will do some Dragy testing before and after, hopefully under identical conditions.

Quick_Shifter

Reaction score
74E1F050-5C1E-41A2-91F3-69BBB731A41D.jpeg
2A6E9AA2-F1D6-4390-922F-02240F45CB1F.jpeg
1DBD6A66-5B5C-4405-96B4-1AF8832FF593.jpeg

Namdoc69

Reaction score
I have thought about a CAI but here in Wisconsin we get a lot of snow. Driven snow whether wind driven or at freeway speeds. So much so that the factory air box is sometimes partially full. Would that affect a CAI enough as to cause a problem?

OnTheReel

Reaction score
I’ve driven around with my hood scoop totally packed with snow. It must breathe from some other location too. Didn’t think to look where when I had it all apart.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Already got a shipping notification for the S&B yesterday. Should have it Friday. If anyone is looking for one in stock, this place says they are, and more surprisingly they apparently actually are! Some good luck since some pre-orders haven’t even filled yet!

quietpeen

Reaction score
Ordered the S&B today. The AFE Super Stock has been nice, but no power difference. It’ll be interesting to see if the S&B is actually measurably / noticeably better. I will do some Dragy testing before and after, hopefully under identical conditions.
What are you going to do with the super stock?

OnTheReel

Reaction score
What are you going to do with the super stock?
Will likely put it up for sale. Unless I find the S&B too loud or something. Which I doubt it will be since it’s very similar to the stock box with the Super Stock tube.

Also hope the S&B clears my catch can, but it seems like it should. It would have to be pretty damn close to the engine not to.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Already got a shipping notification for the S&B yesterday. Should have it Friday. If anyone is looking for one in stock, this place says they are, and more surprisingly they apparently actually are! Some good luck since some pre-orders haven’t even filled yet!

That’s awesome that you are getting it quickly

OnTheReel

Reaction score
That’s awesome that you are getting it quickly
I won the supply chain lottery. Probably wont get it installed until next week anyway, but we will see. If you’re interested in the Super Stock & filters I’m sure we can make a deal when the time comes.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I won the supply chain lottery. Probably wont get it installed until next week anyway, but we will see. If you’re interested in the Super Stock & filters I’m sure we can make a deal when the time comes.
I’m curious if and how much the supercharger whine is with the S&B. Also try it without the plastic cover on to see how much different that makes. Another concern for me is catch can just like you. I have the billet technologies that mounts under the intake.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
I’m curious if and how much the supercharger whine is with the S&B. Also try it without the plastic cover on to see how much different that makes. Another concern for me is catch can just like you. I have the billet technologies that mounts under the intake.
Think my catch can is in the same place as your billet tech one. So if mine clears it, yours probably will. Expecting the whine with the lid will probably be close to the Super Stock, and without it, it will probably be annoying! But I am curious to try it.
Anyway, it hit my doorstep about an hour ago. Minor snafu that they sent me the oiled filter version and not the dry. From a performance standpoint it’ll flow better, but the dry filter appears to be a little more efficient in actually filtering. Either way I’m not gonna bitch, I was lucky to get one at all. Everything looks pretty nice otherwise.

6F9872FF-1BE1-45A1-B180-5294A5431131.jpeg

quietpeen

Reaction score
I wonder if you contact them they will just send you the dry filter and say keep the oiled one

OnTheReel

Reaction score
I wonder if you contact them they will just send you the dry filter and say keep the oiled one
That might be worth a shot. I’d take a spare filter either way. I can always have one clean and ready to swap then!

OnTheReel

Reaction score
I hit 'em up on their contact form. We'll see what happens. Not even sure if this was a dealer issue, or a production issue. The labels on the box are covered in their tape with logos printed on it, and thus impossible to read.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I hit 'em up on their contact form. We'll see what happens. Not even sure if this was a dealer issue, or a production issue. The labels on the box are covered in their tape with logos printed on it, and thus impossible to read.
I would look at it as not your issue…..you clearly ordered the dry filter. Let them sort out what happened and fix it for you.

quietpeen

Reaction score
And I’m not even suggesting trying to stick it to the place you ordered from. Just saying a lot of times things go wrong in shipping that the seller has no control over but if they are usually willing to work with you that is a good sign

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko