Nuremberging.....a TRX

OP
OP
doubeleive

doubeleive

Reaction score
So this tells me a couple things, the limiter is set for 118, and it needs a serious brake upgrade because I would drive like that pretty much all the time :cool:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
So this tells me a couple things, the limiter is set for 118, and it needs a serious brake upgrade because I would drive like that pretty much all the time :cool:

They usually set the limiter based on what the drive shaft is rated for and also what the tires are rated for. Given how fast they are and how much they weigh, I am shocked it doesnt have better brakes from the factory. A big brake kit would be a nice upgrade for these trucks.

Trailmaker

Reaction score
I would be afraid to heat the stock tires up for that long. Does it not take 9-10min to make a lap? A blowout on 35s north of 100mph… when I take my PW or Raptor over 100, I watch the tire pressure. It climbs 4-5 psi quickly at that speed.

OP
OP
doubeleive

doubeleive

Reaction score
I would be afraid to heat the stock tires up for that long. Does it not take 9-10min to make a lap? A blowout on 35s north of 100mph… when I take my PW or Raptor over 100, I watch the tire pressure. It climbs 4-5 psi quickly at that speed.
almost no 35's are rated for over 118, most are only 100 especially mud/snow tires, they test them as being able to run at rated speed for several hours straight so in general you are ok in the short term

OP
OP
doubeleive

doubeleive

Reaction score
Awesome post. Watched it twice. Aside from the brakes getting hot, the truck was handling and running exceptionally well for not being designed to run the ring.
Ya it seemed to fare well, I don't recall what they were using for tires but for it being wet it seemed just fine, takes a skilled driver as well you can't just throw anybody behind the wheel on that course

gat0r

Reaction score
i cant wait to see him run again...after someone comes out w/ a big brake kit

stoptech might be a good start 15" 6piston all the way around, like i have on my burb

SteveP_UK

Reaction score
That's my truck with my friend Dale driving, it's currently at Alcon getting measured for a brake kit, adding a few more modifications over the winter, sway bar, tune, injectors and pully, plus looking for some higher speed rated tires and will be returning when the track reopens in the spring next year.

quietpeen

Reaction score
That's my truck with my friend Dale driving, it's currently at Alcon getting measured for a brake kit, adding a few more modifications over the winter, sway bar, tune, injectors and pully, plus looking for some higher speed rated tires and will be returning when the track reopens in the spring next year.
Nice!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron