I know pricing increases across the board but man, the TRX is extreme

2021 starts $70,425
2022 starts $75,780

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Unfortunately, as long as people pay it, it won't go down.

So true. Its amazing that the prices are still high with how things are going with everything else.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
$86,450 now. Yikes. Full load out just under $113,000. Stupid.
Unreal. I cannot blame the dealerships for doing what they are doing because you said it, if consumers are willing to pay it, why lower prices. I have a friend that negotiated a Ford Lightning Lariat (not Platinum) to $104k (before taxes, so add another 8-9k) and he feels he got a steal. The sticker price was 83k. It's crazy on what is happening right now....

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Are they now trying to compete with the crazy prices of the Raptor Rs??
Seems like it. Not much of a difference right now if you load them out. Of course the Raptor R will be marked up 40k and the TRX can be had for 10k off.
Unreal. I cannot blame the dealerships for doing what they are doing because you said it, if consumers are willing to pay it, why lower prices. I have a friend that negotiated a Ford Lightning Lariat (not Platinum) to $104k (before taxes, so add another 8-9k) and he feels he got a steal. The sticker price was 83k. It's crazy on what is happening right now....
Ouch! I’m starting to see normal new trucks being marked down pretty aggressively around here so there’s no way in hell I’d pay a markup like that on anything. But hey, if he’s happy…

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems like it. Not much of a difference right now if you load them out. Of course the Raptor R will be marked up 40k and the TRX can be had for 10k off.

Ouch! I’m starting to see normal new trucks being marked down pretty aggressively around here so there’s no way in hell I’d pay a markup like that on anything. But hey, if he’s happy…
Lol. Yep. He was absolutely jacked about it. Said to me, "you gotta go get one man!" Well, if I had money to burn like that, I'd be all over it for sure. I would love to get into a new truck, but I still just can't justify spending 6 figures for a truck right now. Maybe it will be norm in the near future, but I'll take my chances on the market dropping before I make my next vehicle purchase. Basically, a new truck is a want, not a need for me right now

grouch

Reaction score
Lol. Yep. He was absolutely jacked about it. Said to me, "you gotta go get one man!" Well, if I had money to burn like that, I'd be all over it for sure. I would love to get into a new truck, but I still just can't justify spending 6 figures for a truck right now. Maybe it will be norm in the near future, but I'll take my chances on the market dropping before I make my next vehicle purchase. Basically, a new truck is a want, not a need for me right now

I saw a truck the other day a friend was looking at and the STICKER, not counting the "market adjustment" was $101,000. I asked him what he paid for his house and he said "About $95,000". A house, if you take care of it, will stay the same or appreciate. That jingle jangle jingle you hear when you drive off the lot is money falling out the tail pipe. I bought a CPO used car a little over 3 years ago. I've also put 58,000 miles on it. It has only dropped $2000 in value. Yes, I keep it in good shape and don't beat on it, but what will that $100,000 dollar truck be worth in three years.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
I am probably biased. But I suspect the depreciation on a $100,000 EV will be quite a bit worse than a $100,000 TRX. EV tech is progressing so fast. And nobody trusts these batteries long term.

Jay Leno said something to this effect: Better to buy the last version of old tech than the first version of new tech. TRX is a prime example. Pinnacle of old tech. And a dying breed. I didn’t buy it as an investment, but it will always have some value and maybe a lot some day.

grouch

Reaction score
I am probably biased. But I suspect the depreciation on a $100,000 EV will be quite a bit worse than a $100,000 TRX. EV tech is progressing so fast. And nobody trusts these batteries long term.

Jay Leno said something to this effect: Better to buy the last version of old tech than the first version of new tech. TRX is a prime example. Pinnacle of old tech. And a dying breed. I didn’t buy it as an investment, but it will always have some value and maybe a lot some day.

He hit that nail on the head. The first year or two of a new model will be full of bugs. The last year or two is probably the best of that run.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErnieT