Reverse Lights For TRX And 5th Gen 1500's Running Our Tow Hook Brackets

quietpeen

Reaction score
I still haven’t tested them at night in the dark to see how much these help, but once I do I will decide if I need the flood pattern lenses vs the wide pattern I got.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
I still haven’t tested them at night in the dark to see how much these help, but once I do I will decide if I need the flood pattern lenses vs the wide pattern I got.
I can’t wait to see the wife and see if there is a difference that can be seen in photos or video without them being side by side.

TCAT

Reaction score
Damn, I trying to figure out how bright 400 Candela and 925 Candela is. If I go with SSC1 pro flood with the plug and play harness will I blind my neighbors across the street every time I back of my driveway? or are the SSC 1 Sports are better for plug and play backup lights?

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
Damn, I trying to figure out how bright 400 Candela and 925 Candela is. If I go with SSC1 pro flood with the plug and play harness will I blind my neighbors across the street every time I back of my driveway? or are the SSC 1 Sports are better for plug and play backup lights?
As far as plug and play, it doesn’t matter which light you go with. There is the standalone plug and play where the lights operate automatically with your vehicles lights and you cannot turn them on manually. The other setup has the diode dynamics harness that runs to the front of the truck so you can tie in to a switch. That setup works automatically with the vehicles lights and has the ability to turn on the white reverse light manually as well. As far as brightness goes. They are both pretty bright. I prefer the pros but the sports still work great. I think it is a personal preference between sports and pros. Both are bright but the pros are brighter. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else or we can help in any way.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I honestly don’t think you would blind your neighbors. I have the pros with the wide pattern(full disclosure i have not seen them in the dark yet) however in less than bright situations i can see the light but it is cut off to do to the wide lens so it doesn’t light up houses. I might give the flood light lenses a try after I see these in the dark since they seem to light up with a low cut off.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Reaction score
I finally got to see these in the dark last night and they are bright. From the end of my driveway the back of my garage was lit up. The design of the wide lens and the cutoff it produces does keep the light lower but it projects pretty far. I have ordered the flood lenses to see the difference.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
Looking forward to the report of the difference between the two optics. I get questions of the difference between the two but I’ve had to compare photos so an actual person that has run both will be invaluable.

quietpeen

Reaction score
So this is taking longer that I had planned haha. I finally got pics tonight with the wide lens. I have not switched to the flood lens yet, but hopefully soon.

These are taken with the front of the tuck basically right at the end of my driveway.

475AF8FE-FBB0-47E9-AA1B-8FB964E0D087.jpeg

453064D6-CD15-4440-90A1-21A956B4171A.jpeg

53E91F6A-E1C0-4AE7-94D6-D438870C35E8.jpeg

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score

quietpeen

Reaction score
Which do you prefer and what do you prefer about it? We’ve received great feedback from both the flood and wide lenses.
They both are great and more than enough light. Unfortunately for my purpose I think the wide lens is more useful Because it does seem to light up more left and right of the truck while also shining brighter further away. The flood lens gives a big spread vertical but i don’t need to be able to see the top of my house so well while backing up.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
They both are great and more than enough light. Unfortunately for my purpose I think the wide lens is more useful Because it does seem to light up more left and right of the truck while also shining brighter further away. The flood lens gives a big spread vertical but i don’t need to be able to see the top of my house so well while backing up.
Unless you build a ramp and back up really fast. 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko