What Did You Do With Your TRX (or Other Ram) Today?

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Well apparently it takes a week for a package to travel 80 miles this time of year lol. Tomorrow is another day.

quietpeen

Reaction score
IMG_5941.jpeg

IMG_5942.jpeg

IMG_5943.jpeg

and since I didn’t have color matched door handles had to replace the rear door handle also. Not that I’m complaining about that. I think color matched looks so much better.

IMG_5945.jpeg

Last edited:

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Cluster swap turned out pretty good. Unfortunately the tile button I worked so hard to install isn’t actually doing what I need it to. It’s still behaving like the old voice command button. Otherwise everything works and she’s a beauty.
IMG_0965.jpeg
IMG_0955.jpeg
IMG_0960.jpeg
IMG_0967.jpeg
IMG_0966.jpeg
IMG_0961.jpeg

quietpeen

Reaction score

OnTheReel

Reaction score
looks amazing but now worried that the new switch is not working as planned
Yeah, hopefully we’ll get it figured out. Without that button working correctly I’m missing this view with the configurable tiles. I do want it.
IMG_0968.jpeg

knbrazil

Reaction score
Yesterday I finally got around to installing a shock sensor to help ensure my TRX remains mine! Install was straightforward ain’t the results are flawless - works exactly as expected.

With the amount of car thefts in Ontario, a multi-faceted, layered approach to security is a must. I can’t fathom how the car companies allow their vehicles to be so easy to steal.
I just added one from addshocksensor.com today to my 2020 Bighorn Built to Serve (they busted out my driver rear window a couple of weeks ago). $155 and I received it earlier than promised. The only snag I ran into was because I couldn’t get my colors straight when looking for the right wire in the harness 🤣, but I called tech support and Jose answered immediately, helped me find the right wire, and called me back a few minutes later just to make sure everything was working properly. It’s a great product, and the customer service is outstanding.

quietpeen

Reaction score
got the passive entry done today and made all the changes with AlfaOBD and everything seems to work as it should. Needed to run to lowes and had a check engine light. When I got home i scanned for faults and all seemed to be from when i turned the truck on with things unplugged. I cleared all faults and started the truck and no check engine light. Going to see if it comes on again tomorrow and if it does revert my changes back with Alfa in case I accidentally changed something I wasn’t supposed to.

With that does the check engine light apply to all faults and not just issues with the engine?

Last edited:

OnTheReel

Reaction score
I am under the impression the CEL is only for powertrain stuff. Over the course of messing with stuff I’ve had other codes in the system (mainly BCM) that didn’t trigger it.

quietpeen

Reaction score
i was told that the engine light covers codes other than just the engine, but not all faults turn on the light which makes sense because some of the faults were from stuff I did 2 weeks ago

Last edited:

Icecobra

Reaction score
I can tell you the cel is not limited to power train. There's a ton of other things that trigger cel. Including but not limited to electrical issues un related to power train. Such as a window control module that applies voltage to window control when the vehicle is off.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Never saw a B code trigger a check engine light. Imagine failing smog because of a body fault. Some U (communication) codes do but only if they are related to the powertrain.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I'm now pretty sure it was my ambient temperature sensor that trigged the CEL. I do remember turning the truck to on so I could roll the window up on the drivers door and I did that while the harness for the mirror wasn't connected. Some of the other codes were from turning the truck to on with the passenger side front door not plugged in but that didn't trigger a CEL.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
I'm now pretty sure it was my ambient temperature sensor that trigged the CEL. I do remember turning the truck to on so I could roll the window up on the drivers door and I did that while the harness for the mirror wasn't connected. Some of the other codes were from turning the truck to on with the passenger side front door not plugged in but that didn't trigger a CEL.
That makes more sense. Think that would be a “U” code and it does relate to the powertrain. That temperature data goes from the BCM to the PCM.

quietpeen

Reaction score
still no CEL so I consider this a finished and successful mod. Adding passive entry is overall not that complicated. Gutting the doors can look daunting but once you get through the 1st door it makes so much more sense and the 2nd door seems a lot easier.

Now on to the next mod 😁

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Outofmyleague