What Did You Do With Your TRX (or Other Ram) Today?

quietpeen

Reaction score
In another attempt to get the heated seats and steering wheel working I made harnesses and installed and pinned them in the connectors today. I don’t have physical buttons so I don’t know if it worked till the soft buttons show up on the screen. I ”think” they will work because all the wires I added were already populated on the opposite side of the connector.

quietpeen

Reaction score
It has been confirmed today that I now have working heated seats and steering wheel.

Also today I upgraded to Uconnect 5. As already stated by onthereel that requires a new screen and new radio module. I bought a screen and radio module combo on ebay and thought I was getting a 2022 radio module but was sent a 2023 radio module. Not really a problem, but just sets me up nicely if I ever go as far as he did wit the digital cluster. The screen I bought came with lane keep assist button and had the trailer brake control attached so I decided to by the trailer brake control module and install that too. Then while in alfaobd I also turned on lane keep assist.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
It has been confirmed today that I now have working heated seats and steering wheel.

Also today I upgraded to Uconnect 5. As already stated by onthereel that requires a new screen and new radio module. I bought a screen and radio module combo on ebay and thought I was getting a 2022 radio module but was sent a 2023 radio module. Not really a problem, but just sets me up nicely if I ever go as far as he did wit the digital cluster. The screen I bought came with lane keep assist button and had the trailer brake control attached so I decided to by the trailer brake control module and install that too. Then while in alfaobd I also turned on lane keep assist.
How are you liking the system so far?

OnTheReel

Reaction score
So far the CarPlay hasn’t missed a beat for me. Haven’t really driven it but spent a lot of time sitting in there tinkering with it. Always connects right away.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Calibrated my CVPM so that’s fully working now.
IMG_3758.jpeg

Also, @quietpeen , I get three lines/three settings on my heated seat as I should, hi med and low. For what it’s worth when I enabled the 3 level heating on the wheel it didn’t work. Icon doesn’t support it. Same as UC4.
IMG_3757.jpeg

quietpeen

Reaction score
Calibrated my CVPM so that’s fully working now.View attachment 4047
Also, @quietpeen , I get three lines/three settings on my heated seat as I should, hi med and low. For what it’s worth when I enabled the 3 level heating on the wheel it didn’t work. Icon doesn’t support it. Same as UC4.View attachment 4048
this weekend I’m going to have to dive into the settings and see if I am missing or have something wrong.

on another note, I’m not sure i’m liking the matte finish screen protector. Probably going to pull it off.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Reaction score
I took the matte screen protector off. Like it much better without. Now I have to decide if I just leave it as is or get the hd screen protector.

MoparToYou

Reaction score
The published dry weight of an Arctic Fox 992 is something like 3650 lbs. But that is with no options, and you cannot buy one without options, because there is a required "value package" that every camper comes with that increases weight to about 4000 lbs. Then add other options like a TV, solar panel, air conditioning, and the 2.5k Onan LP generator. Then add two large 6v batteries. Then add all of your camping supplies. And finally, add 65 gallons of water and two large LP tanks full of gas, and the wet weight is right about 5000 lbs.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Heck yeah. The analog cluster just shows a regular old Laramie or Limited. Don’t remember which. Same for the tailgate alert.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron