Current gas prices in your area

grouch

Reaction score
As of today, Indiana raised it's gasoline tax by 5 cents. It also has a 7% sales tax on it so with gas going up, the taxes have been going up too. Looks like I'll be heading across the river more often.

Trailmaker

Reaction score
As of today, Indiana raised it's gasoline tax by 5 cents. It also has a 7% sales tax on it so with gas going up, the taxes have been going up too. Looks like I'll be heading across the river more often.
That’s nuts! Local government trying to make an extra buck or put the “crisis”
more to force EV

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Still can’t believe that we are having to strategize when we get gas. Never thought we’d be at this point

grouch

Reaction score
Still can’t believe that we are having to strategize when we get gas. Never thought we’d be at this point

I have a strong Scottish ancestry so I'm naturally chea...er...thrifty anyway. Before, it was a toss up for the lower prices but longer drive to get fuel. My car gets 27-32 mpg so the new tax structure means it's now cost effective to go the extra 10 miles.

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I am a complete idiot. I was running low on gas yesterday morning and just decided to fill up after work.
Get to Costco after work and the line was probably an hour long for $4.89 a gallon. According to my EVIC I didn't have any gas left. So I went to QT across the street and paid $5.95 a gallon. No idea why I waited for a holiday weekend to gas up! $145 later...

Got what I deserved lol

grouch

Reaction score
That’s nuts! Local government trying to make an extra buck or put the “crisis”
more to force EV

I just wonder who's going to pay the road taxes in the future? Most of it is paid for by a tax on fuel. That's fine, I use the roads, I'll pay my share. Why am I paying for someone who can afford a really pricey EV? A few months back, there was a show about going cross country in several EV's. It was supposed to show how great they are, but convinced me to stay with ICE. 300 miles days were the maximum, a truck with a HUGE generator came along to charge them if they ran out of juice (and one did), and even where there were charge stations, they couldn't use them because they were full of Teslas using them for free parking.

A cousin who works in the oil industry mentioned the oil companies were holding off on new refineries in case EV's become the norm and people don't buy gasoline.

grouch

Reaction score
Went over to Kentucky today and filled up. Gas ranged between $4.79 and $4.89 locally for regular.

20220703_130350.jpg

I burned about 1/2 a gallon. Saved about $9.

Trailmaker

Reaction score
Going the right direction!!

Attachments

• 7F8F310B-DFFE-49EA-A3A8-6DA05F0B005D.jpeg
    7F8F310B-DFFE-49EA-A3A8-6DA05F0B005D.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 130
OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Went on a 4 day vacation to utah/Vegas abs got back yesterday to see our price go up $.50. Was 4.99 and now 5.49 for 87

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
The politics around around fuel price is crazy .. we still sit at $2.09/L .. 87 gas/ $2.25 diesel.. there is no ev that is cost effective to work this far north yet we chew on some of the highest cost. This short summer will also be short on steaks on the bbq too.. Our only propane supplier is owned by the hydro company, we pay double to other areas of Manitoba.. on a positive note in 20 minutes I'm fishing to catch my limit in less than 4 hours 🙃

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The politics around around fuel price is crazy .. we still sit at $2.09/L .. 87 gas/ $2.25 diesel.. there is no ev that is cost effective to work this far north yet we chew on some of the highest cost. This short summer will also be short on steaks on the bbq too.. Our only propane supplier is owned by the hydro company, we pay double to other areas of Manitoba.. on a positive note in 20 minutes I'm fishing to catch my limit in less than 4 hours 🙃
lol. Nice (on the fish part)! Ya. Usually we see the light at the end of the tunnel, but this one doesn’t seem like it’s coming anytime soon. As for EVs, I saw a video of travelers driving into California with their Teslas and charge stations were at least 50 cars deep! Not only they have to wait in that line, but when they got to the station, it’s another 30 min at least to charge up. While us fuel users have multiple options on where to stop and do our 5 minute fill up. They obviously have no other choice. This is the future

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
I need to fill up the Scat Pack today, I will report back on premium 93.

Trailmaker

Reaction score
Got gas last night in my little town and was not impressed at 4.23 for my wife’s car. But then I drove in a closer to Houston ( Conroe) to see gas for 3.99. Now that got me a little excited. Was not expecting 3xx till mid terms.

Attachments

• 015C7073-4CC6-4C42-A0A8-3FEEFB61A0EE.jpeg
    015C7073-4CC6-4C42-A0A8-3FEEFB61A0EE.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 117

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron