Current gas prices in your area

Justin33

Reaction score
My other truck is a Raptor… it does not have a sound when the radio is on. Gets 18 with 37s
The same as my 4banger Jeep on 32s my wife suv gets a whopping 14mpg with her 5.7! So we spend $900 a month in fuel on just those 3. Unfortunately I have more fuel consumption used because of my Ranch vehicles/equipment/wagon. I post the emoji of me 😢 and it’s a glimpse of my pain.
You get my point though maybe I’m just being numb saying V8s not being a thing is the wrong way to think.

grouch

Reaction score
Right! So if they are making 0.58 profit per gal. (18.56 at 32 gal) on a 100 dollar barrel, then at $120 per barrel is going to have a lot of small guys want in and it will drive production up. And if demand is lessened by 10% ( I read that is how many EV will have entered the market from March-November) then it will come down on its own. But, with a few pen strokes, the President can make an immediate dent. He won’t, but he could. He seems to think the 10% of EVs added is a a win!

Biden, like Trump was, is limited to what he can do with Executive Action. The oil lobby has enough clout to stop anything he tries to do with prices. Other things he could, he hasn't yet. The Trump era China tariffs could be dropped and cause an immediate lowering of all sorts of things, but Biden hasn't done it yet and may not in the future.

grouch

Reaction score
Saw a bit of an easing today. Gas is still $4.99.9 but diesel has dropped a few cents. It was $5.99.9 and the leading gas chain dropped it to $5.69.9. Granted, 30 cents isn't much, but it's something.

Bwl

Reaction score
Higher production is really the only path to lower prices overall, but saying government has no control over domestic gas prices to me is silly. To me this list of countries and the average fuel prices contradicts that. Non oil producers are stuck with the global price, but oil producing nations not as much. Some subsidize domestically with royalties collected and make exploration/transportation and refinement easy and others tax the ever loving shit out of it, make everything as difficult as possible and then act like the oil companies are huge villians destroying the planet. The prices reflect this. https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/

grouch

Reaction score
Higher production is really the only path to lower prices overall, but saying government has no control over domestic gas prices to me is silly. To me this list of countries and the average fuel prices contradicts that. Non oil producers are stuck with the global price, but oil producing nations not as much. Some subsidize domestically with royalties collected and make exploration/transportation and refinement easy and others tax the ever loving shit out of it, make everything as difficult as possible and then act like the oil companies are huge villians destroying the planet. The prices reflect this. https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/

The U.S. is an oil producer, but when prices are higher overseas, the company will sell where they get the best price.

I noticed today that gasoline prices seem to have peaked. At least for the moment. The $4.99 to $5.19 prices have pretty well dropped to $4.89. No telling if this is a trend or just a momentary drop. The local refineries ar putting cracking towers back into production after spring maintenance. The free market, supply and demand, is more in control right now. Maybe demand degradation is responsible for the drop.

TRXpensive

Reaction score
The U.S. is an oil producer, but when prices are higher overseas, the company will sell where they get the best price.

I noticed today that gasoline prices seem to have peaked. At least for the moment. The $4.99 to $5.19 prices have pretty well dropped to $4.89. No telling if this is a trend or just a momentary drop. The local refineries ar putting cracking towers back into production after spring maintenance. The free market, supply and demand, is more in control right now. Maybe demand degradation is responsible for the drop.
I agree. The oil companies are in business to make money. And make as much as they can. They do that by making their product valuable. Controlling oil production controls it's value. The oil companies have zero reason to increase production as that devalues their product and reduced profit.

No one person controls oil prices. It's a global commodity.

Producing more oil domestically does NOT result in lower prices at home. Why? Because the oil companies sell to who ever is willing to pay most and will export it if necessary ... And they do just that.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Premium has dropped 10 cents since i filled up the other day. Kinda annoying but on the other hand that would have only saved me a whopping $2.10 if it dropped before I got gas.

Trailmaker

Reaction score
$6 dollar drop in 2 days for oil. Sounds promising. Might have found the ceiling last week at 122 per barrel(WTI Crude). If we can go into the weekend at 100 we should see gas drop 0.25-0.40 by this coming Tuesday. Has to hold though. Seems easy for a gas station to raise the price before they buy there next load of fuel but it takes them two deliveries of fuel at a lower rate before they drop their price to the customer.

Last edited:

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Paid $5.39 yesterday. I started to bitch about it, but my buddy showed me his fuel bill at the marina and I decided to shut up.
71E8D718-61A0-4FE2-9393-80C1810F5913.jpeg

Trailmaker

Reaction score
Coming down some. But premium ridiculously high compared to regular.

Attachments

• C128B189-DFD8-4D52-823A-66CF7399AE2A.jpeg
    C128B189-DFD8-4D52-823A-66CF7399AE2A.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 119

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Are there any octane boosters that actually work and don’t foul plugs? Some say Boostane is pretty decent but can still mess up the plugs.

The cheaper ones I’ve seen in stores raise octane a pathetically small amount (10 points or less) and would require huge doses in a 33 gallon tank to bring 87 anywhere near 93.

grouch

Reaction score
Are there any octane boosters that actually work and don’t foul plugs? Some say Boostane is pretty decent but can still mess up the plugs.

The cheaper ones I’ve seen in stores raise octane a pathetically small amount (10 points or less) and would require huge doses in a 33 gallon tank to bring 87 anywhere near 93.

I've never seen any benefit to octane boosters. When I used to race, we would mix Aviation gas with 93 octane 50/50 for the car. It was cheaper than race fuel, which often wasn't available at smaller tracks. Contrary to popular belief at the time, you do NOT run Av gas in your street engine. Your truck with accelerate and slow a lot, aircraft get one engine speed and stay there. Running straight AV gas was rough on engines back in the day and today's more dainty engines would probably be catastrophic.

Trailmaker

Reaction score

I use 2 bottles of Lucas each fill up and it does the job I guess. I just did my plugs at 100k and recently started using octane booster. So I cannot vouch for them yet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 103

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
At the time I did a comparison with 87 vs 87 with boost juice.. the price between 87 to 91 was minimal compared to now and also did not gain enough in fuel mileage to warrant the cost either... so I use 87

Trailmaker

Reaction score
At the time I did a comparison with 87 vs 87 with boost juice.. the price between 87 to 91 was minimal compared to now and also did not gain enough in fuel mileage to warrant the cost either... so I use 87
My Power Wagon can handle the 87 if I’m not towing heavy. But the Raptor feels like it lost its left nut when the truck starts pulling timing to compensate. 91 is fine. And that’s what the PW drinks. I get 16 mpg in the Wagon if I stay off the fun pedal and 18mpg if I stay at posted speed limits with the Raptor. About 2 less mpg on 87 so that’s not the difference maker for me. The octane booster seems to be sufficient. If gas was not 0.75-0.95 cents between them, I would not bother with the booster. But on a 32 and 36 gallon fill up, it’s 30-35 buck difference.

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
My Power Wagon can handle the 87 if I’m not towing heavy. But the Raptor feels like it lost its left nut when the truck starts pulling timing to compensate. 91 is fine. And that’s what the PW drinks. I get 16 mpg in the Wagon if I stay off the fun pedal and 18mpg if I stay at posted speed limits with the Raptor. About 2 less mpg on 87 so that’s not the difference maker for me. The octane booster seems to be sufficient. If gas was not 0.75-0.95 cents between them, I would not bother with the booster. But on a 32 and 36 gallon fill up, it’s 30-35 buck difference.
Ya.. makes me think to try it again but with a know quality product like mentioned in above post

grouch

Reaction score
Saw regular for $4.49 today. Over in Illinois, the oil tanks were full but when oil got up there, they shipped it out. So, oil is showing up and starting to press prices down, a bit. I don't look for a major drop any time soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko