What Did You Do With Your TRX (or Other Ram) Today?

quietpeen

Reaction score
Oh here is something else we learned in this process. There is a difference in size and mounting bracket on the surround view camera vs. the regular back up camera in the tail gate handle. So if you are swapping out your tailgate handle make sure you get the part # that matches for your camera.

here is my regular back up camera in its mount beside the mount for the surround view camera

_nc_ohc=IneZB6ePYXwAX_6OCv4&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.jpg

This is the difference in size of the camera.

_nc_ohc=Gz5cix3yL90AX9Coipo&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.jpg

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Oh here is something else we learned in this process. There is a difference in size and mounting bracket on the surround view camera vs. the regular back up camera in the tail gate handle. So if you are swapping out your tailgate handle make sure you get the part # that matches for your camera.

here is my regular back up camera in its mount beside the mount for the surround view camera

View attachment 3993

This is the difference in size of the camera.

View attachment 3994
Did you get the 2022+ lighted one? Been thinking of adding that.

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
View attachment 3982

View attachment 3981

View attachment 3983

and since I didn’t have color matched door handles had to replace the rear door handle also. Not that I’m complaining about that. I think color matched looks so much better.

View attachment 3984
You pulled the carrier plate just to swap the door handles??? And you didn't add sound deadener like dynamat when you were in there???
Are you nuts?
That carrier plate is a PITA to change out. I have done it a few times and it sucks!
Side note, you guys were talking about mileage before. Alfa used to display PCM mileage on some easy to find page, I am not sure if you can even find it in now. I tried to help a member on RF find his mileage and I couldn't figure it out. I swapped my cluster on my 2016 and corrected the mileage years ago but it's just not there anymore. If you find PCM mileage in Alfa let me know please.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Reaction score
I have thought about the
You pulled the carrier plate just to swap the door handles??? And you didn't add sound deadener like dynamat when you were in there???
Are you nuts?
That carrier plate is a PITA to change out. I have done it a few times and it sucks!
Yes but no, I pulled the carrier plates to add passive entry(had to pin and run the custom harness from Jimmy07). On the 5th gen the handles come off very easy without having to dismantle the doors.

I did think...........damn this would have been a good time to add dynomat when the first one was apart :ROFLMAO:

OnTheReel

Reaction score
The doors are deadened reasonably well stock. If you ever do a stereo upgrade you can feed a lot of material in through the speaker hole. Avoids removing the carrier and still makes a big impact.

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ha forgot to get back to this one. I pulled all my carrier plates to do my dynomat/killmat install and I if I had to do it more than once Id rather not do it. That is a lot of work!

Sound deadening was the best thing I ever did.

The doors are deadened reasonably well stock. If you ever do a stereo upgrade you can feed a lot of material in through the speaker hole. Avoids removing the carrier and still makes a big impact.
Can't speak to a TRX specifically but other trucks are not. I added sound deadening to the outer door skins, carrier plates and door panels. So dang quiet it's amazing. Sure, probably added a couple hundred pounds to my truck but I only notice that my truck feels like a Mercedes inside. My truck has ARH long tubes, no mufflers but still has stock resonators. Silent in the cab at 80mph.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Ha forgot to get back to this one. I pulled all my carrier plates to do my dynomat/killmat install and I if I had to do it more than once Id rather not do it. That is a lot of work!

Sound deadening was the best thing I ever did.

Can't speak to a TRX specifically but other trucks are not. I added sound deadening to the outer door skins, carrier plates and door panels. So dang quiet it's amazing. Sure, probably added a couple hundred pounds to my truck but I only notice that my truck feels like a Mercedes inside. My truck has ARH long tubes, no mufflers but still has stock resonators. Silent in the cab at 80mph.
Yeah, I mean it can always be better and deadening mine did improve things. The rear doors were more noticeable actually. They have a good thud now when I close them. Fronts weren’t too bad stock.

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean it can always be better and deadening mine did improve things. The rear doors were more noticeable actually. They have a good thud now when I close them. Fronts weren’t too bad stock.
Funny enough after I installed everything I noticed that the windows themselves let a lot of noise through. Took a week of driving to get used to it. Different pitch and from a different position.

Side note, I recently went from a true 35in tall Nitto Ridge Grappler (295-65r20) tire to a, "35"in (35x11.50r20) Recon Grappler and it is way louder. The Recons have great reviews and many claim they are quieter than the Ridge Grapplers. And they have a 50k mileage cert or somewhere around there where the RGs dont.
The Recons are WAY louder! Completely regret my decision. Any of you guys running Recons?

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
I run Toyo, which is a company related to Nitto. Right now I'm on Open Country RT because at the time AT3's were not available. The RT are all most a MT but the center section is more like an AT so to my surprise they are quieter than expected. I'm going to look at the Nitto line up so I can compare to Toyo. I do not have a dealer around here that sells Nitto.

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
Ok ..very cool Toyo bought Nitto in 1979. For more "performance" orientation Nitto is that tire but for all around do everything tire Toyo is better and for me Toyo is better for winter applications. So if you're looking for a quiet tire on road that's also good off-road you'll need a Toyo. Check out this article...

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok ..very cool Toyo bought Nitto in 1979. For more "performance" orientation Nitto is that tire but for all around do everything tire Toyo is better and for me Toyo is better for winter applications. So if you're looking for a quiet tire on road that's also good off-road you'll need a Toyo. Check out this article...
Id just like to go back to a set of ridge grapplers. Those tires are very quiet compared to their new, "improved" street/offroad tire. Recon grapplers are trash!
I dont want to go spend $2000 on another set of tires so I am stuck with these loud tires for the next couple years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron