What Did You Do With Your TRX (or Other Ram) Today?

quietpeen

Reaction score
here is a hint of the next mod i’m working on

IMG_5966.jpeg

quietpeen

Reaction score
and honestly for a trx, unless you want to spend a lot of money this might not be the mod for you. I wanted it for the front sensors but i figured if i’m doing it i’m doing it right.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
and honestly for a trx, unless you want to spend a lot of money this might not be the mod for you. I wanted it for the front sensors but i figured if i’m doing it i’m doing it right.
The front one will probably be a lot harder, eh?

quietpeen

Reaction score
I been doing research on that same thing... Did you have to buy all the harnesses? Or is it mostly plug n play
i bought the front bumper and rear bumper harness that has the plugs for the sensors, and then had to make 3 interior harnesses to tie it all together.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Reaction score
Ok.. wow .. so you have the switches already and had to from under the brake pedal to the switches?
I installed the switches on Saturday. About a month ago I made the 3 internal harnesses and installed the park sense module behind the drivers kick panel. The one harness gives the module power and ground and goes to a can block. The rear sensor harness went from the module to a plug under the drivers seat and 6 pins had to be put in the connector. The front sensor harness went to a plug up under the dash on the drivers side and 8 pins had to be put in the connector.

IMG_5832.jpeg

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
I found this video of what I'm going to do and it's different but along the same idea. I'll need to purchase the switches and a couple harness then make up harness to utilize the aux buttons.

quietpeen

Reaction score
my truck came with the aux switches so luckily I don’t have to do anything with that. I just had to install the new switch panel that has the buttons to turn off the front and rear sensors. Here is the panel I took out.
IMG_5967.jpeg

what I do find interesting is on this panel the top buttons are the shiny piano black, but on the new one they are not.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
my truck came with the aux switches so luckily I don’t have to do anything with that. I just had to install the new switch panel that has the buttons to turn off the front and rear sensors. Here is the panel I took out.
View attachment 4011
what I do find interesting is on this panel the top buttons are the shiny piano black, but on the new one they are not.
I started seeing that change on the 2022s. I suppose the matte black will hold up better if you use the switches a lot.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Made an appointment to get my new BCM programmed Tuesday morning. Also put the old cluster back in temporarily. Trying not to explain a thing to them about what I’m doing and why. And I want to leave them as few opportunities as possible to question anything.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Made an appointment to get my new BCM programmed Tuesday morning. Also put the old cluster back in temporarily. Trying not to explain a thing to them about what I’m doing and why. And I want to leave them as few opportunities as possible to question anything.
wow you have been busy. So what are you going to say when they ask why you are having them program a 2023 bcm into your 2021?

OnTheReel

Reaction score
wow you have been busy. So what are you going to say when they ask why you are having them program a 2023 bcm into your 2021?
The strategy is to just hope they won't notice and/or won’t ask. lol. My feeling is whatever tech doing the work just won’t dig that deep. Take old one out, put new one in, program.

Maybe I should also peel the label off the new BCM so they can’t even check the PN without actually installing and connecting to it? And once they get that far they might just say screw it, it’s getting programmed. 😂

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Might be over thinking this but another idea I’m kicking around: I took the 2023 BCM apart, just one screw and some clips. I could very easily put the guts of the 2023 BCM into my 2021 BCM’s housing. So that when I hand them the “new” BCM it’ll have the correct part number for a 2021 but will actually be the 2023. 🤔

quietpeen

Reaction score
Might be over thinking this but another idea I’m kicking around: I took the 2023 BCM apart, just one screw and some clips. I could very easily put the guts of the 2023 BCM into my 2021 BCM’s housing. So that when I hand them the “new” BCM it’ll have the correct part number for a 2021 but will actually be the 2023. 🤔
yea I don’t think I would go that far.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron