What Did You Do With Your TRX (or Other Ram) Today?

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
Looks good, I do that kind of work at the body shop I work at. You are right two people to handle the bumper is a good idea.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I’m still not sure how i like to look of it on a silver TRX, but this is another one of those moments where if i was going to do it I should have been prepared and done it yesterday. I’m referring to swapping to the black lower bumper instead of the gray. I had to take that part of the bumper off to be able to swap the grill insert.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
2023 CVPM landed so I just sat around looking at the stuff. Waiting on the adapter cables. Oh, and I have to buy an unlock code for the radio but that’s no big deal. I suppose I could install the CVPM ahead of time but I’d rather just do it all in one day since there’s nothing too difficult about the process.
IMG_2364.jpeg

Still undecided on whether I’ll move my old blank switch into the position that has park assist. I took the screen apart pretty easily to access that switch bank so I can do either one. Do I want an annoying blank, or do I want a button that doesn’t work? My OCD says neither. Can’t win. Lol
IMG_6272.jpeg

quietpeen

Reaction score
so that was a question I had about upgrading to uconnect 5. Is there a lock code that is needed for the radio. This type of info is not documented enough. Where do you buy/get it?

OnTheReel

Reaction score
so that was a question I had about upgrading to uconnect 5. Is there a lock code that is needed for the radio. This type of info is not documented enough. Where do you buy/get it?
https://findradiocode.com/

Just punch in the SN from the radio module and this site should provide it instantly. Haven’t used it yet but it did accept the SN from my 2023 radio so it should be good to go.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Think I’m onto something with the 2023 radio being needed for the tile button to work correctly. I saw this post just now on the 5th gen FB group.
IMG_2534.jpeg

I zoomed in and pulled the PN for his new radio, it’s a 2023-2024 unit (going into 2021 truck) and his original VR and phone buttons don’t work with it. Something has changed with how these switches interact with the radio module so with the proper radio I should be in business.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
2023 conversion is complete*
IMG_2578.jpeg
IMG_2569.jpeg
IMG_2570.jpeg
IMG_2575.jpeg

Still waiting for my cameras to show up but otherwise everything is working great. I LOVE UC5 so far. Really nice UI. I had no issue with UC4 but this is definitely better.

*For the cameras I just changed the year in the BCM to “2023” and then did another reset. I’ll check for the cameras again when my kid goes to bed. Hoping that does it though.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
awesome. I see you decided to put the blank button in on the screen bezel
Yeah, I saved that switch panel and button for now…just in case I change my mind. But I think I like having the blank more than a dead button.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron