What Did You Do With Your TRX (or Other Ram) Today?

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Cameras are finally on board so this puppy is done!!!
IMG_2584.jpeg

Oh, and I forgot to mention another perk. I have a free active SiriusXM subscription. I dunno if the radio is still on a free trial or if someone is paying but I ain’t complaining.

quietpeen

Reaction score
glad to see that the cameras are working. Now you need to order a new matte screen protector :ROFLMAO:

Nice bonus on the the sirius. Didn't you still have a travel link subscription. If you want that transfered over you will have to call sirius and tell them you changed radios which will zap whatever is giving you radio stations right now.

quietpeen

Reaction score
btw, did you have any plugs from the uc4 that didn't have a spot to plug into the uc5 module?

OnTheReel

Reaction score
btw, did you have any plugs from the uc4 that didn't have a spot to plug into the uc5 module?
For sure, there’s a few. The old pink and purple cell/ LTE antennas have nowhere to go since the UC5 uses a separate telematics module. The old LVDS cable gets abandoned too. Then I think the other is for internal BT or WiFi and is not needed.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Still going back and forth on the gloss vs matte. The matte hides finger prints but hurts the clarity a little.

MoparToYou

Reaction score
I picked up my 2024 Ram 3500 dually from the detail shop this morning. It only has 200 miles on it right now, but, from prior experience with dually trucks it seems you are always reaching over the dual fenders to get to something in the bed or to reach the fifth wheel hitch, so the rear fenders tend to get fine scratches in the paint. This truck already had a few fine scratches the day I bought it. So, I paid for a three day stay at a spa where it had the paint polished, PPF applied to both rear fenders, and then got a 7-year ceramic coating applied. It's real pretty right now.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Reaction score
New Steering wheel

IMG_6059.jpeg

It was supposed to also have a carbon fiber bezel but they made one for the regular 1500 with the buttons on the side.

IMG_6011.jpeg

I am currently waiting for them to make the correct one but i just laid the wrong one in it to get an idea of how it will look when the right one arrives.

IMG_6058.jpeg

Last edited:

OnTheReel

Reaction score
FINALLY:

A guy commented on my thread yesterday that his tile button was working correctly. I asked him how but unfortunately he didn’t remember the setting. But said he used CDA6 to do it. That was enough to relight the fire to get this working 100%.

I compared backup files from a 2022 TRX and a 2023 TRX, both similarly equipped. This was a breakthrough as it isolated the differences down to JUST the cluster (and a few random option differences that I filtered out).

One line that stuck out was this:

620132C0025B211D601004

The “6” after the “D” is a “2” on non-digital cluster trucks. So on a whim I altered the backup file and loaded it up. Bingo! Better to be lucky than good sometimes.

I then had to ask Jimmy to check on CDA6 to see exactly what I changed and it was this setting:

“ECUConfig 3: Unique Core Steering Wheel” changed from “no” to “yes” by swapping the 2 to a 6.

You can’t access this setting in Alfa so it’s another one requiring an altered backup file to load but I’m thrilled it’s all done now!

OnTheReel

Reaction score
nice man, but what is CDA6?
The actual OEM diagnostic software (Chrysler Diagnostic Application). This was only needed to tell me what the change I made was (just so myself and other future swappers know exactly what it’s doing). CDA6 can read the alphanumerical backup lines from AlfaOBD and tell you what setting each position in the lines represent.

You don’t actually need that software to do anything related to the swap now because it’s all been figured out.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Zen just sent me a pic of the alcantara stitched airbag cover.
6a97d9c855c78be079d3a3f371f5e8b.jpeg

Looks good overall but I am asking them how the Ram’s head emblem attaches and if I can remove my old one and swap it over. Don’t love that bright silver one.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
All looks very familiar. I will have to look at it again soon when I try to get my FM radio working. 😂

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Got my FM working. Helps when the antenna is plugged in. 🙄
IMG_3223.jpeg

I think I mistook it for the old LVDS cable (also white) and just left it unplugged on accident.

Also finally had warm enough temperatures to melt the snow off. Tested the park sense camera activation and it works great!
IMG_3226.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron